Chapter XXXVI - Best Way to Wake up Ever

Start from the beginning

Constantine is already waiting for me when I step out of the house. He's leaning against the side of the car, looking hot in his dark blue jeans, grey t-shirt and a pair of black high top sneakers. His arms are crossed at the chest, showing off his muscled arms. I just noticed that his hair is a little shorter than before he left, but still as messy. Super hot!!!

His eyes zoom in on me, as soon as I step out of the house. He straightens up slowly, looking alert. My tummy clenches and my heart goes crazy.

At least I paid my attention to my looks this morning, more than I did the last couple of days. I have my black skinny jeans on, paired with a white sleeveless chiffon top and a pair of black ankle boots. I let my hair loose in its natural wave.

His gorgeous grey eyes are intense yet playful as he scans me from head to toe. His sensual lips slowly curl up into a sexy little smile as he watches me make my way towards him. It's a miracle that I didn't trip over my own feet.

"Good morning, stranger," he murmurs when I'm standing in front of him.

I give him a big smile and he cups my face in his hands, leans in and places his lips on mine. The kiss is brief, but passionate and gives me tingles all over.

"I love you," he whispers against my lips.

"Mmm hmm..." I answer. I'm still not used to hearing him saying that. My cheeks are flushing beet red, my heart is beating a thousand times per minute, and my vocal cord is lodged somewhere...probably at the bottom of my boots.

He silently and patiently waits for a few seconds before he finally says, "sweetheart, you're supposed to say you love me too."

I take a deep breath and says, "yea...what you said."

He pulls back, looking appalled. He stares down at my face for a second before he bites his bottom lip like he's trying not to laugh, then sticks it out into a pout. How in the world can a pout looks so hot and manly on a man???

"Oh, I'm hurt," he announces.

Oh for the love of fuzzy slippers!!! "I love you too! I love you, okay?" I say out loud...maybe too loud.

I hear snickers behind me, followed by giggles.

Autumn is giving me a disgusted look, while her friends are giggling behind her. I'd probably just announced it to the whole neighborhood!

Oh goddess! I dive forward and press my face to his chest. I'm in hiding. My cheeks are flaming hot. I can feel the rumble of laughter in his chest. Kill me now.

He's driving the eco-friendly Tesla again today. I actually prefer this, rather than his two other flashy cars. He takes my hand in his and places our entwined hands on his lap while he's driving.

"I'm happy to be back here with you again, sunshine," he lifts my hand up to his lips and kisses every finger. His lips feel soft and warm. My stomach clenches and my toes curl.

He keeps the back of my fingers against his lips, and I can feel his lips move as he suddenly smiles wickedly.

"Sunshine, about Friday... we never get to finish it. Would you pose for me again sometime.. soon?" I almost choke on the double meaning.

"Maybe," I answer, looking away. My cheeks are flaming red, I'm sure of it.

He throws back his head and laughs that delicious laugh. His hand tightens around mine and his thumb strokes the back of my hand.

"You are adorable when you blush," he finally says. Yeah, sometimes I suspect he purposely says things just to make me blush.

"Milan apologized about what happened on Friday. She didn't mean to interrupt us. She's just excited about having a girlfriend, you know. She never really had one," he explains.

"Serena's great. Why aren't they friends?" I ask.

"I don't know...for some reason, they never get along that well. So, I'm glad that she's taken a liking to you," he explains.

Truth is, I was pretty pissed after she interrupted us on Friday, but I'm not the one to hold grudges for too long. Depending on the crime, I sometimes need a couple of days to cool down. Most of the time, though, I forgive my friends easily after they apologize.

I find myself being pulled into a big tight hug by Milan when we get to school.

"I'm so sorry about the other day , Genesis. I didn't mean to bother you or anything," she apologizes. "I guess I was just getting too excited. It won't happen again."

"Yeah, okay," I reply before Caspian pulls me away and gives me a big bear hug of his own.

"Glad that you're back too, Caspian," I manage to say before Constantine pulls me away with a growl. Caspian shoots him a wicked grin.

I smile at Serena when she gives my hand a gentle squeeze. Lazarus just pats my shoulder affectionately.

Yup, I'm glad that they're all back. Even Caspian.

**************************************************
I'm not totally happy with my chapter today, but I don't have much time to work on it. I'm leaving for my winter getaway for a few weeks. Bye bye snow. By this time next week, I'll be halfway across the world, sipping cool drinks from tall glasses with tiny umbrellas by the swimming pool or an exotic beach somewhere...have massages, or sun lotion rubbed by hot cabana boys... 😜😂😝Hahaha...Okay, so that would only be happening in my dreams. I might get massages, but prob given by some old lady with strong hands *sigh with bliss*

Most probable thing to happen---> me somewhere without internet access, just with my Nikon, Kindle, a sketchbook and pencils (most probably sun burnt).That means I can't update on regular days (Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday/Friday) like I usually do. I promise I'll write and update as often as possible whenever I get the chance.

Please vote and comments my cuddly bunnies! Thank you!!!

Much love,
Nicole

P/S: The song is Devil's Tears by Angus and Julia Stone.