“Thanks for going out with me. We should do this again sometime.”

The strange voice stopped me in my tracks, and I realized I was once again nearing the gates of Fairy Hills. I ducked behind a tree when I saw Levy standing with some guy, curious as to what she was doing.

“Definitely!” She told him, smiling. I noticed that she was unusually dressed up. Wait a minute. Didn't he thank her for going out with him? Like a date?

My jaw dropped when he bent down and kissed Levy on the cheek before telling her goodbye and leaving. After she had gone as well, I collapsed on the ground, completely dumbfounded. “What the hell just happened?” Did the shrimp go on a date with that guy? I didn't even know she talked to any guys outside of Fairy Tail!

My fury grew the longer I thought about. “That bastard kissed Levy!” I knew that I had no right to be angry, but I wanted to beat that guy senseless. It's not like I wanted to kiss her or something, so why in the hell am I so mad? “Tch.” Actually, I did want to kiss her. Hell, I wanted to do a lot more than just kiss her. Still boiling, I returned home, collapsing on my bed. I was suddenly exhausted, and I gladly let sleep take me.

“Gajeel!” Levy screamed, reaching a bloody hand out to me through the pitch black. As hard as I tried, I couldn't reach her. I had been running for what felt like hours, trying to catch up to her. Finally, I broke through the darkness, falling until I hit the ground hard.

“Where the hell--” the words stopped in throat as I looked upon the Fairy Tail guildhall, completely destroyed no thanks to the iron pillars sticking from its walls and roof. It was exactly the way I had left it for them to find before the war with Phantom Lord. “If their guildhall is like this, then that means--” A pained shriek cut me off. “Levy!” I ran towards her, dreading what I might find.

My body jerked to a halt, eyes unable to look away from the mess I had made of team Shadow Gear. “Why did you do this?” Levy sobbed, barely conscious. Her brown eyes met mine before dimming as she passed out.

“Damn it!” I tried to run to her, but I couldn't move. All I could do was stare helplessly as her broken body hung from the place I had put her. “Levy!”

I sat upright, breaking free of the dream. My hands shook as I wiped away the cold sweat that coated my face and neck. It had been a long time since I had dreamed about that night. I did all I could every day to forget about it, and to atone for it. Damn.

I took a deep breath and fell back onto my pillow. “Maybe her going on a date is a good thing. I'm no good for her, anyways.” As much as I denied it, I knew that there was something different that I felt towards the blue-haired wizard. Until coming to Fairy Tail, I hadn't ever considered the possibility that I could have those kinds of feelings for another person. Of all the people in the world, it had to be the person I had the least right to have feelings for. It had to be the person I had caused the most pain and suffering. Why did it have to be Levy?

~Levy~

“So, how did it go?” Lucy asked as soon as I had reached her through our communication lacrima. I noticed a pink-haired wizard fast asleep on the bed behind her, and I couldn't help but giggle. She rolled her eyes, looking back at Natsu. “I should seriously make him pay half my rent,” she sighed. “Back to you. How did your date go?”

“It was fun,” I said, blushing at the fresh memory.

“I need more than that,” Lucy laughed. “Where did you go?”

“We ate dinner, and then walked in the park. We watched the fireflies for a while before he walked me home.”

“That's it?”

“That's it,” I lied. I'll keep Makoto's goodbye kiss to myself for now.

“What else happened,” Lucy asked, smirking through the lacrima.

“Nothing.”

“You're such an awful liar.”

“Lu-chan--”

“Come on, tell me! Please??”

“He,” I paused, blushing, “he kissed me on the cheek.”

“Wah!!” Lucy cried, excitedly. “You did it! He's totally in love with you!!”

“Lu-chan, don't be so loud,” I laughed.

“What happened?” Natsu asked, jumping off the the bed at Lucy's scream.

“Nothing,” Lucy told him. “Go to your own house to sleep!”

“Hey, who are ya talkin' to?” He put his face by the lacrima, and grinned when he saw me. “Hey Levy!”

“Natsu!” Lucy pushed him out of the way. “Sorry, Levy, I'll talk to you at the guildhall tomorrow. Bye!”

“Bye!” I chuckled, putting the lacrima away. I grabbed a book before curling up under my covers. After only a few minutes, I put the book down, unable to focus. So much had happened in one day. As fun as my date with Makoto had been, I couldn't get Gajeel out of my head. Give it up, Levy. You're completely in love with the guy. I sighed, rolling over to face the wall. “So what if I am? He'll never like someone like me. I should put Gajeel out of my mind. Makoto is an incredible guy, and he likes me, so I need to stop thinking about Gajeel!”

Thanks for reading chapter 3!! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :3 Chapter 4 will be posted soon, too! ^_^ Bye-Bye for now! <3