Josephs, Backyards, Vows and Home

🌻

"Tyler Dun?" the pink-haired boy murmurs, buttoning up his suit. He shakes his head to himself.

"Joshua Joseph?" he tries again, this time, a smile lighting up his face. "Joshua Joseph."

He glances into the mirror, fixing his suit and combing his soft pink curls to one side using his hand. He feels his heart slam against his ribcage anxiously, and he lets out a long breath.

Joshua William Joseph.

"J!" a voice calls out, breaking him from his thoughts. Patrick comes in, a soft smile on his chubby face when he notices the nervousness clouding the boy's honey brown eyes.

"You're going to do great, Josh." he grins, punching him lightly on the shoulder. "Now come on. Don't wanna keep your bride waiting." he winks.

His bride.

A smile etches itself onto Josh's face, velvet-winged butterflies swarming in his insides.

🌼

The garden is bustling with all their close friends, laughter and joy evident in the cool spring air.

It was a small wedding - nothing fancy. Both the boys had agreed on that.

It was held in their backyard, the place where they'd spent countless days together, talking about their dreams and the future, the sun filtering through leaves and the breeze cool against their skin.

It was also the place where they'd spent countless nights together, spotting their favourite constellations, giggling and having pillow fights in forts.

And now, it was all lit up with fairy lights and soft-scented candles, satin streamers, pastel-coloured balloons and of course, lots of flowers, everywhere - all to the courtesy of their good friends Melanie and Lana.

As Josh stands by the aisle, bottom lip caught in his teeth, playing with his fingers nervously, he hears gasps echo and his head shoots up.

His heart flutters against his chest at the angel in front of him.

Wow.

The voices in his head must've long gotten annoyed with the amount of times Josh has thought about how incredibly amazing Tyler is, but wow.

Fluffy brown hair, with dimples carved onto milky brown skin, plump, glossy lips that Joshua could never get tired of kissing, and that oh-so-endearing smile that squeezed his heart and rattled his bones - holy heck.

This boy will be the end of him.

Josh feels something wet along his eyes, and quickly raises a hand to wipe it off.

🍂

People start to cheer, and Josh flushes bright red, the brunet giggling softly. Tyler walks over, and Josh gently curls his fingers around his, squeezing it like it was his only lifeline.

Pete passes him a microphone along with a grin.

"H-hey." he speaks into it, and his eyes widen at how loud his voice seems, the brunet giggling at the sight.

"I-I didn't write all this down because I knew I didn't need to, but I love him." the pink-haired boy says, a faint blush on his cheeks. "And I would put up with all the times he gets paint everywhere when he's creating, or all the times he steals my cereal." he glances at the boy, smiling like an idiot.

"And I'd put up with all the 2ams, I'd put up with his loud chewing, or the times he'll duck behind me while watching a movie so he doesn't scream, if it meant I could spend the rest of my life with him till my brain refuses to make my heart beat. Because I love all of that, and I love him. So much."

Josh's voice cracks on the last word, and Tyler's eyes are now, for some reason, glassy. Melanie awws loudly from the back.

"Nobody knows what this boy has done for my heart. He's the most amazing, most talented, the most beautiful boy I've ever set my eyes on. And I know he won't ever believe it, but it's okay, because I'll remind him every day."

He glances at Tyler, his voice laced with so much sincerity that it makes the brunet's heart slam against his ribcage.

Tyler takes the microphone from the pink-haired boy, clearing his throat gently.

"And I love him too." he says softly. "I'll put up with the way he never dries off, because Mother Nature apparently does all the work for him. I'll put up with all the times he leaves home to work somewhere, and I'll put up with him suffocating me every time we hug." he giggles quietly.

"I'll put up with how his hair's going to all fall off because of how often he dyes it, and I'll put up with how he wakes me up at seven on a Saturday morning just so we can go out and explore. Because I love it all. I love every fibre of this human being, and I don't know what I ever did to have him, but I'm so damn happy I do."

Ashley squeals, Melanie hugging her waist as Brendon yells. "NOW KISS!"

Everyone laughs,

And they do.

Tyler melts into Josh's strong arms, the ones that pull him closer, if they could even be. He feels his familiar, soft lips on his, and they both know - they both know with every beat of their hearts -

That they're home.

🌾

a/n

Hi hello yes I am cryinf

(tag yourself I'm Brendon)

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS THIS WAS SO NICE TO WRITE WOW

mY bAbIes ArE ALL gRoWn uP I'M tHRivIng

I only ever call Josh and Tyler baby in fics and not real life because I don't think they'd be very comfortable with someone over 10 years younger than them calling them baby ha

Also I'm sorry is this was overly cheesy and cringey bc what can I say

It's gay

The next chapter's the epilogue, and it will be cute as fRICK (I hope)

*sheds tear*

aNd nOw

tHis FiC

iS cOmIng tO aN EnD

-bubs