Promises and Boarding Gates

🍁

"Love?" Tyler spoke up, turning to glance at Josh. Josh looked at him.

"Yeah?" he murmured, pulling himself on top of the boy. He could feel the sun's rays against his back as he propped himself up on his elbows, taking the time to take in the brown-haired beauty.

His brown-haired beauty.

With his pretty dark brown eyes that shone like fucking diamonds under the sun, and his adorable laugh that set his skin on fire, and his tan, iridescent skin that made him glow, his fluffy, brown hair that stuck up in places, and don't even get Josh started on how pretty he looked lying on the bed like that - this boy really is out of this world.

"Joshy." Tyler tapped a finger against his bicep, smiling. "Are you even listening?"

"Sorry, petal." Josh murmured, leaning down and kissing the brunet on the lips. "Your cuteness distracted me."

An earthy laugh tumbles out of Tyler's soft pink lips, his cheeks turn a shade of light rosy red and the pretty sound makes the organ in Josh's chest flutter.

Tyler runs his hand through Joshua's silvery-blue hair.

"Don't die, okay?"

Josh catches his lips in a kiss again, but harder this time. Their soft lips are pressed together, moving in sync and fitting like puzzle pieces. When the blue-haired boy finally pulls away, their lips are both pink and swollen, stomachs erupting with soft-winged butterflies.

"I won't." Josh says, his voice breathy and barely a whisper.

"Promise?" Tyler says as he plays with a strand of Joshua's curly blue hair.

"Promise."

🍁

"I'll call you the moment I land, flower." Josh says, his honey-brown eyes fixated on the road. He feels Tyler's hand on his thigh, rubbing small circles on the fabric of his jeans.

"We'll go together one day, baby boy." Josh smiles, glancing at Tyler. The boy just kisses his cheek in response.

"Call Patrick if you need anything. Promise me you'll go outside, okay? And remember to eat. Maybe I should call Melanie to-" Josh starts, his eyebrows furrowed and voice laced with worry. Tyler cuts him off, laughing.

"I'll be okay, Love." the brunet says, rolling his eyes. "I'd be more worried about you."

"I'll be okay, Love." Josh says, mimicking the boy. Tyler giggles, pressing his lips to his neck.

They drive in silence, the steady thrumming of their hearts filling up the empty space.

🍁

Tyler pulls Josh into a hug, burying his face in the soft fabric of his camo jacket. He feels Josh pepper kisses all over the back of his neck, and he smiles.

"I'll see you in a week." the brunet mumbles, pulling the blue-haired boy into a kiss.

"I love you." Josh says.

"I love you too, Joshua." Tyler replies. Josh presses a kiss to his forehead, before turning and walking through the boarding gates, luggage in tow.

The brunet watches him, a smile with a melancholic undertone lingering on his rosy, chapped lips.

🍁

a/n

Sssshit this chapter sucks what even is this I'm sorry

But look how seriously I take my fic writing

Hardcore Research shit right here

-bubs

🍁