Pancakes, Parks, Kittens and Diamond Rings

🌿

"Good morning!" the brunet sings, wrapping his arms around Josh's muscular frame from the back.

The blue-haired boy hurriedly shuts off his laptop, pretty rose lips lifting into a smile. He turns around in his chair, attacking the boy with kisses.

"Good morning." Joshua chuckles, hands coming to a rest by Tyler's hips. The brunet props his hands on Josh-s chest, a wide smile painted on his sun-sculpted face.

"Are you hungry? I'm gonna go make some pancakes." Tyler asks, honey brown doe eyes wide.

"Mhm." the blue-haired boy nods, planting a kiss on Tyler's plump, pink lips. An earthy giggle tumbles out of his mouth as he turns, twirling out of the office. Joshua watches him, his gaze filled with nothing but fondness for the boy.

🌿

"Can we go to the park?" Josh asks in the middle of stuffing his face with pancakes. Tyler raises an eyebrow. "Course', Joshy. M'love to."

🌿

A song floats out of Tyler's petal-pink lips, as he twirls around the small space, hand in Josh's. The blue-haired boy smiles. The elevator dings, and the doors swing open. Tyler quickly stops, giggling quietly into Josh's shoulder as the lady who just walked in tosses them a weird look.

Josh chuckles softly, smoothening down Tyler's floofy brown hair. Tyler buries his head into the fabric of the boy's coat, smiling at their reflection in the mirrored wall.

The elevator door swings open again, just as Josh presses a kiss onto Tyler's forehead. The two walk out, fingers curled around each other's.

🌿

"This was the place we met." Tyler says with a giggle, feet pushing off the ground, sending him swinging into the air. "Do you remember, Sunshine?"

The swings' rusted chains squeak. Josh rocks back and forth, a smile on his chapped, pink lips. "M'course, Flower." he replies, leaves crunching under his step. "How could I forget?"

Tyler chuckles lightly, his feet dangling in the air. "And you were sitting there, under that tree."

Josh smiles at the memory. "Painting. You."

Tyler blushes a light pink, giggling. "And I thought your painting was amazing. What was it you said again?"

"I said, 'Well, it's you who's the model.' " Josh laughs, leaning over and pecking the brunet on the lips. "It was cliche as heck." Tyler says, pretending to scoff.

"It worked." Josh shrugs, chuckling. Tyler smiles at the blue-haired boy fondly, feeling his breath tickle his neck.

"Hey - wait here." Josh says, standing up. He starts to jog away, turning back to Tyler. "Don't move!"

"What are you doing?" Tyler asks, laughing, but stays put as told. He props his chin up with his hand, a small smile on his pretty, sunwashed skin as he wonders for the millionth time how he ever got so lucky to have someone like Joshua.

Suddenly, he feels arms wrap around him, and comes face - to - face with a kitten. Josh places it in his lap, giggling. "Keep still."

Tyler watches as more kittens are plopped into his arms, and he squeaks. "I can't hold them all, Josh!" he laughs, still confused as to what was going on.

Tyler now has almost ten kittens in his lap.

Josh walks in front of him. "Now you're trapped and you can't move." he says, and an earthy giggle tumbles out of Tyler's plump lips. "What are you doing?" the brunet asks again.

"I..." Josh starts, cheeks suddenly reddening as he runs a hand through his now-silver hair. "I-I'm not the best with words, but..."

Tyler's doe eyes widen as Josh kneels down on one knee, shaky hands revealing a small, velveteen box.

"I always said I'd marry you." Josh says, a small smile etched on his face. "And I'm a man of my word." he continues. Joggers passing by slow down to watch while children squeal and giggle.

Josh pauses for a moment. "I'm not good with words, but you're amazing, Tyler Joseph. I never used to use words like ethereal, but I have ever since you came around. I..." he trails off. "I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life with anyone else." Josh pulls open the box, revealing a silver ring, a large diamond encasted on it's top.

"Will you marry me?" he asks, his voice quieter now.

"Yes!" Tyler says, choking back on the lump in his throat. "God, yes." he starts to giggle when he realizes he still can't move, anchored down by the sea of kittens clambering up his chest.

A light, happy laugh floats out of Josh's mouth as he gets up, carefully sliding the ring onto the brunet's finger.

"I love you." Tyler mumbles, tangling his lips with Josh's. Passer-bys start to cheer, causing both boys to flush red.

"I love you too." Josh says, smiling like a dork, cheeks a rosey red. "Hey, remember that Paris trip? I went for a couple more days just so I could get you this." he chuckles, running a finger across the silver ring on the brunet's slim finger.

Tyler just lets out a heavenly giggle, burying his soft, rose-dusted face into Joshua's chest.

🌿

a/n

KAMSNEJNSNSKENSNW WHAT IS THIS

Eek I hope you liked this bc idk

Also guess who's getting on a plane to Paris in less than two hours

But yeah I might not get much wifi so sorry if the updates come slower.

I'll have two more filler chapters after this before an epilogue.

This story is ending so fast wHAT I'll miss you guys

Hopefully Paris will cure my (seasonal) writer's block

Also about the kittens thing

It just came to me at a 12am and I'm not going to question my brain's logic.

Hydrate yourself. 🌼

Put down your phone for a bit and get some fresh air if you can. 🌻

-bubs 👽