The Kiss- the Final Chapter

~CHAPTER 23~

"That sure was some good ramen guys!" Naruto said as he rubbed his stomach and laid back on his stool.

"Yeah, sure was!" I agreed.

Gaara nodded his head as he looked down at his empty bowl. "Yeah."

"So... Gaara... You and Kiyomi?" Naruto asked.

"What?" Gaara asked.

"Well are you two a thing now... You know... Boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"Naruto!" I shouted as I pounded his head.

"I was just wondering!" Naruto shouted in irritation.

"Kiyomi, why don't we leave?" Gaara asked.

"That sounds wonderful!" I said in a cheery voice as I hopped off my stool.

"Guys wait! I didn't mean it! I was just wondering!" Naruto shouted as he sat there, calling for us. I locked arms with Gaara and laid my head on his shoulder as we ignored Naruto.

"Why don't we go to the mansion?" Gaara asked.

"I'd love that yes..." I said and closed my eyes as Gaara led us to the Kazekage's mansion.

A while later on the roof...

"So, Hideo was your father?" Gaara asked as he leaned on the railing by the edge of the roof.

"Sadly, yeah. He was supposedly dead, but I guess he wasn't." I said. "I always hated him, but he was never that crazy."

"He said he never wanted you to be with me... The one who killed your clan." Gaara said flatly as he looked down at all the people. I turned around and did the same.

"Well my dad can suck it 'cause I really don't care. I want to hang out with you so too bad for him. I don't care if you killed my clan. I mean, I always said I hated that killer, but now that I know it's you and why, I understand."

Gaara didn't answer.

"I think I can tell you about my nightmare, Gaara-Kun." I said. Gaara looked to me. "It was when my clan was killed. I ran to my house and saw a dark figure killing my family. I remember shouting hateful things, and I fell. The figure approached me and walked out of the shadows. I was gonna see his face, but then I woke up. I realize, that the figure was you when you were 12." I said. "It all clicked in my mind when you told me the truth."

"I didn't know I killed your clan till I read those scrolls the day after we went for that walk and went out for ramen. I was curious about your clan and felt miserable knowing I was the one who did it."

"Is that what you seemed like you wanted to say, but never did?" I asked. Gaara nodded his head slightly.

"I loved you, and thought you would run away like everyone else." Gaara said flatly.

"I'd never run from you." I said as I placed a hand on top of his. "I mean it when I say I love you more than anything in the world and nothing can change that." I said with a huge smile. "I always loved you from when we first met... Maybe even before that! I was always too nervous to tell you, but then Temari mentioned how she believed you loved me."

"Temari said that?" Gaara blushed. I nodded my head.

"Yeah."

"I love you more than anything in this world too." Gaara said as he straightened up and I did the same. "You make me feel like a completely other person, and make me forget about my entire past."

"You mean it?" I asked smiling.

A small grin crossed Gaara's face and our faces grew closer together. I leaned in closer and he placed his hands on the side of my face. He then answered my question when he kissed me on the lips and that was when I knew, there was nothing anyone could say, or anything Gaara could do that would make me stop loving him, and the same applied to him... I would be forever happy with my Kazekage Gaara-Kun.

~The End~