Gaara's Confession

~CHAPTER 18~

I rose up my hands, as Temari began battling my father. She tried blowing him away, but it was no use. My father had made a shield out of hardened sand. "That was a close one, almost got blown away!" My father joked.

Just then he gasped as he was grabbed by Kankurō's puppet. "Good shot Kankurō." I praised as I turned the sand into a blade. My father used sand and cut the chakra strings Kankurō used to control the puppet. He then pushed the puppet off. He turned around and was surprised to see a fist jammed in the solid sand wall.

"Give us Gaara!" Rin shouted as she tore down the wall, and was gonna bring the katana down on his head. Hideo had a solid sand sword and used it to defend himself.

"That was very close too!" Hideo mused. "If I didn't have this blade, I would have that katana of yours, in my head."

Rin scowled. "Shut up!"

I as the three were occupying my father I ran behind him. He was unaware of where I was and I planned to free Gaara. "Oh no you don't Kiyomi!" Just then a giant hand made of sand, grabbed my leg and pulled me up Through the air. It broke through the roof, and I was dangling, far above the ground.

The hand threw me in the air and caught me. I was clutched in its grasp, and could feel my bones crushing. I let out a yelp. "Let go of me!" I screamed as I tried to pry myself out.

"Thought you could sneak around me and free Gaara didn't you?!" My father said playfully. He was acting as if this were a mere game.

"That was the plan, yes." I admitted as I struggled to get out. I could barely breath, and felt my lungs crunch. Just then Rin punched my father int he face, causing the hand to drop me. Temari sent a gust of wind from her fan to slow my fall, and luckily I caught myself and landed on my feet.

I was breathing hard as I grasped my chest, trying to catch my breath. "Thanks Rin, thanks Temari."

"You're welcome." The two said in sync.

"That actually hurt..." Hideo said as he rubbed his cheek. "Now can someone give me a good reason why I shouldn't kill you all right here right now?"

"Because, we won't stop fighting till we rescue Gaara-Kun!" I shouted in rage as I raised my hands and formed the sand into a shurikan, and grasped it in my hand.

"Hm....." Hideo said as he walked up to me. "Actually no, but there is one." He continued. "It concerns your friend Gaara, would you like to hear it?"

"Gaara...." I whispered.

"I'll take that as a yes." He paused for a moment. "Would you rather I told you the story, or would you rather hear it from Gaara, the man you love?"

"Tell me what?" I asked as I looked at Gaara, and started walking up to him. "Tell me what, Gaara-Kun?" I asked again in a sweet voice as I talked to Gaara.

"Go ahead Gaara, tell my daughter the tale you know so very well." Hideo said as he gestured towards Gaara.

"GAARA!!!" Kankurō shouted. Temari grabbed his shoulder and held him back. He looked at Hideo and growled.

"I... I can't tell you Kiyomi, you will hate me." Gaara said as he bowed his head.

"I could never possibly hate you Gaara-Kun!" I chuckled. Gaara just sat there with his head low. He didn't say a word. "Gaara-Kun?" I said shakily.

"I can't tell you, I love you too much to say..." Gaara said quietly.

"I love you too Gaara-Kun-"

"That's what I feared..." Gaara said cutting me off.

"I don't understand." I whispered.

"If I told you, you would no longer love me, while I still loved you..." Gaara replied.

"But maybe I wouldn't..." I said as I looked at him worried. "Please.... Just.... Please tell me Gaara-Kun."

Gaara sighed.

"Yes Gaara, please explain to my daughter what you fear so much about." Hideo continued.

"I know... Who killed... Your clan..." Gaara said flatly.

"Who? WHO?! Gaara-Kun tell me!" I shouted as I shook him. "I need to know... It was Hideo himself wasn't it..." I said, my voice growing quieter.

"No..." Gaara replied. "It was... I-It was..." I then noticed he was crying. I saw the tears streak his face, and I could see, he struggled trying to hold them back. I know he was crying but I thought he still looked flawless and as cute as ever.

"Gaara-Kun..." I whispered.

"It was... Me..." He whispered the last part.

Those words hit me like a brick wall. I stood there paralyzed in shock.

"I couldn't help it Kiyomi, My father made me, and back then I was a cold hearted monster! I didn't mean to! If I could, I would of stopped myself from doing it!" He shouted, as he kept crying even louder now. "I hated myself for it!"

I stood there in shock. My jaw dropped and my eyes were wide. I never imagined Gaara was the one who killed my clan. Tears built up in my eyes, and they streaked my face.

"Kiyomi, don't leave me!" Gaara screamed in guilt.

I gasped. "Kiyomi, I love you!" He shouted as he looked at me. "Gaara...." I whispered as I shot up from where I was standing and bolted out of the house. I heard Gaara cry out my name but I didn't look back, I just kept running.