Naruto Saves the Day... kinda

~CHAPTER 19~

Gaara's POV

Just as I feared, Kiyomi ran away from me. I never wanted to tell her, and I never wanted her to hate me. I loved her with all my heart and would do anything to go back in time and stop myself from killing off her clan.

"Aw... I never thought I would be so touched by a moment like this." Hideo said as he walked up to me.

"I... I hate you!" I shouted.

"Come on, you couldn't hide it from her forever. It's best she knows now. Aren't you happy for her now?"

"Not if it means losing her." I said as I looked up at Hideo.

"I never would of let my daughter fall in love with the man who killed my clan." Hideo said in an angry tone of voice. "I refused to let her be with the one who killed her family, spending time with the one she wanted to kill yet not even knowing it. You deserve this!"

"Maybe I do, but that doesn't mean I will stop loving her..." I said as my tears fell onto my lap. "Nothing in the world could make me stop loving her... She filled this emptiness in my heart and nothing can ever change that." I explained.

"Well isn't that sweet... Happy endings don't always happen in real life!" Hideo shouted.

"I know that now..."

"My work here is done... I might as well kill you all right now." Hideo said as he stood up and walked up to Rin, Temari, and Kankurō. "Starting with this puppet show freak, and then this girl with the fan, and ending with non other then the Kazekage."

"Kill me... Let them go."

"Gaara!" Temari shouted. "You don't know what you're saying."

"We can stop him!" Kankurō said as he got in a fighting stance.

"No, Hideo, just kill me and let them go. I have nothing left to live for if the love of my love no longer loves me. I am nothing without her, I'd be better off dead." I said as I tried to stop thinking about Kiyomi.

"Well isn't that sweet. Trying to save his friends. What a thoughtful Kazekage!"

"Shut up!!!" Rin screamed. She charged Hideo and began fighting him with her katana. Every time she tried to slice at him, she had cut sand instead of him however. "Shut up and leave us alone!" She said through gritted teeth. She tried to fight him off and the battle raged on for several minutes.

After a while Rin grew tired and slowed down. "Pathetic brat!" Hideo shouted as he grabbed Rin by the neck and and threw into the wall. She hit her head and was unconsious.

"Rin!" Temari shouted as she aided Rin's limp body.

"You... You're the monster, not Gaara!" I heard a familiar, raspy voice.

I looked beside me, and saw Naruto standing there. "Naruto, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Funny story, right when I got back to my village, grandma Tsunade sent me back here since she got several reports of a guy lingering around your village. Apparently he was a threat, and I bumped into Kiyomi a while ago, and she told me about what happened to you." Naruto paused. "So this must be the guy who I am looking for... Here, Gaara." Naruto said as he knelt down beside me and cut the chakra strings with his kunai. He looked at my eyes, and looked at me funny. "Were you... Crying?"

I didn't answer. I stood up and brushed myself off. "It was a long and painful story, Naruto." I replied.

"Well, looks like I get the thrill of killing one more!" Hideo said in excitement.

"You won't be killing anyone!" Naruto shouted as he pointed at Hideo. "You will regret ever messing with us-"

"I've got it, Naruto..." I heard a soft girly voice I knew perfectly well. "I will kill my father, on my own..." I heard Kiyomi say as she stood in the entrance of the house, with my gourd on her back. "I've come back. I said I would save Gaara-Kun, and save him I will!"