The Note

~CHAPTER 16~

I yawned and stretched as I woke up on the roof top. I looked and saw Rin passed out yet, snoring and drooling. She looked so peaceful... Until I woke her up. "Hey, wake up sleeping beauty!" I shouted as I threw a hand full of sand over her face. She twitched her nose and squinted.

"Damn you Kiyomi..." Rin muttered as she sat up and brushed the sand off. She stood up and grabbed a fist full of sand and chucked it at me, but before it could hit my face, I made a sand shield.

"Missed!" I mused as the sand fell to the floor. Rin growled at me and leaped down to the streets, and I followed. It had been a week since Gaara and I escorted Naruto back to the leaf village.

"So what do you want for breakfast?" Rin asked as we walked through the market.

"Food..." I moaned in starvation. Rin looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"What kind of food, dumb-ass." Rin snapped in frustration.

"I don't know... The edible kind?" I said and shrugged.

Rin sighed and face palmed. "Ok you know what, I'm just gonna buy bread."

"Ugh fine!" I groaned.

"KIYOMI!!!" I heard a familiar voice scream out.

"Huh?" I asked as I looked around.

"KIYOMI!!!!!" The scream came again. I looked again and spotted Temari and Kankurō running at me. Temari looked like she was crying, and Kankurō looked pissed. I noticed Temari holding a note.

"What's the matter Temari?" I asked trying to comfort her, and curious to why she wanted to talk to me.

"I-It's... I-it's..." Temari tried saying in between sobs.

"Relax Temari, want me to tell her?" Kankurō said as he placed a hand on his sister's shoulder. Temari shook her head as she kept weeping severely. I knew it wasn't good.

"Come on, spit it out!" I shouted, impatient. I felt bad, I mean they were upset and I just yelled at them but it was irritating me at how much suspense they had.

"It's... Gaara..." Kankurō said as he bowed his head. "We stopped in the Kazekage's room and found him missing. We looked around and found a note." Kankurō explained. "Come on, hand her the note Temari." Kankurō said as he nudged Temari's shoulder.

Temari unfolded the note and handed it to me, still crying. Kankurō wrapped an arm around her and tried to stop her crying as I looked at the piece of paper in my hand. I gasped as I read it.

"Dear friends, family, and workers of Kazekage Gaara,

I, Hideo Tanaka, have taken your beloved Kazekage. You can try to save him, but it's no use unless you just want him and yourself to end up dead. I have taken him and plan to kill him in the next 72 hours. I am staying in one place, and you can try to find us. Now you may be wondering why I want to kill the beloved Kazekage. Well, let's just say a valuable life for a clan. Have fun looking for us, but don't be expecting me to just hand Gaara over. I will be ready to fight. If you are going to save him, you better start your search now. You have 72 hours and the clock is ticking...

-Hideo Tanaka, leader of the fallen Tanaka clan"

I gasped. "Gaara-Kun!" I screamed as tears built up in my eyes. "W-when... When did you get this letter?!" I shouted.

"This morning. We found it on Gaara's desk this morning." Kankurō answered.

"Oh god!" Rin shrieked as she began freaking out.

"We have to look for Gaara-Kun!" I exclaimed as tears ran down my face.

"We've been looking ever since we found this note, and sent out a search party..." Kankurō snapped.

"Well I don't care! I'm looking for him on my own then!" I shouted as I was about to storm off.

"Wait!" Temari said as she grabbed my wrist. "Kankurō and I will go with you."

"Me too." Rin added.

I nodded my head and glanced at the note and who it was signed by... Hideo Tanaka. That name I knew very well. I just couldn't believe this man would do such a thing.

"Ok, I know exactly where this man is." I said and dashed off out of the market. I knew for a fact that Hideo would be exactly where I am heading. I just can't believe Hideo would do this... I just can't beleive my own father would kidnap and plan to kill the one I loved.