"What a tease." April huffed as she strolled to the kitchen, thinking of ways to clean up the mess she had made in the kitchen. She graciously thanked her stars when she received a message that Laurel would arrive in a few hours. Laurel Flinch their cook, was more than a friend to her and she was glad to have found someone as helpful as she was. Muttering some incoherent words she rushed to the window when she heard the engine of her husband's car coming to life. "Megan put your seat belt on!" She yelled. Grinning, she shouted to her husband, "Drive safely, and don't forget to pick her up when you close from work,"

"We agreed you will pick her up today," He protested.

"I've a late night shift today. You don't expect my patients to take care of themselves," April replied smiling sweetly.

"I get it, bye." He waved her off pulling his car out of the curb. He turned to his daughter, "I can't pick you up today. I've to see to a business proposal which needs my complete attention. You can come home with Zach, you both are in the same school I don't see why you don't join him for rides."

"I'll rather take the bus, thank you. Just attend to your business whatever. I'm sure it needs more attention than I do." Megan said calmly, a small frown embellishing her gentle face.

^^

"Welcome to Crow High beautiful residents and non residents of Woodwave. I need not to tell you how fortunate you are to be in Crow High, the only prestigious and best school ever known to man. First off, I will introduce myself like I do every Monday and Friday morning, I'm Celeste Walker, you know me as the head of the drama department and probably the only best student in Woodwave." A voice buzzed from the intercom as the students of |Crow high trooped to their various classes. "I think the drama team is ready to recruit new members. With me as their president, all things—"

"Will you just get on with the news? We have other things doing!" A boy said loudly. No one needed to tell you he was a nerd. His hands which were over flooded with huge textbooks said it all. He shyly bowed his head when he noticed he'd garnered a lot of attention with his hasty remark.

"Back to the news, the winter formal, has been cancelled due to a few lapses the administration faced over the weekend." The intercom buzzed.

"No! I've already bought my dress!" A voice shrieked from the sea of students.

"What's the deal? You can wear it somewhere else." Another voice snapped.

"Okay, I know you are all disappointed. So am I. Good news is, we can all look forward to next year's winter ball." The intercom continued buzzing.

" Hey Celeste I heard from the principal that a sophomore died on Friday. Her name is Alicia Pepperman. I think you should announce that." Another voice which was clearly not Celeste's resounded from the intercom.

All sudden movements ceased. The students waited for further confirmation as they froze in their tracks.

"I think you just did that yourself. We're still on air." Celeste said through clenched teeth as the girl who had interrupted prayed silently, wishing to be anywhere else but there.

"I'm sure you heard what my one minute co host just said. A tragic event happened on Friday. I was pretty sure we were all at Marlon's party but unfortunately it looks like not all of us made it. My condolence to the friends and family of —"

"What is her name again?" She asked absentmindedly.

"Alicia Pepperman, may your beautiful soul rest in peace. When and where the funeral will take place will be relayed to you later. Have fun at homeroom." She said sadly, bringing the show to an abrupt end.