Chapter 20: Paradise Found

Start from the beginning

"Lil Nic can you put sunscreen on my back." This is all Nicole needed to hear. Her plan had immediately formed in her head.

"Ok, just go into the light so I can see." They got up and Robert stood at the closest spot where there was light, right by the pool edge. After Nicole put the sunscreen on his back she asked him to do her now.

As soon as she turned around to get the sunscreen Nicole had a huge smile plastered on her face, "Gotcha." Before Robert could react she pushed him in the pool with a big splash. When Robert emerged he shook his head and looked like a dog trying to get dry. She only noticed Robert coming towards her when it was too late. He  jump out of the pool, picked her up and tossed her in the pool without hesitation, then dove in right after.

When Nicole emerged out of the water she had no clue where Robert was. Until he tugged on her leg and pulled her under. Only leaving a small window for her to get out a small yelp. Within a few seconds Nicole came back up. Robert swam under Nicole and came up in between her legs. Hoisting her out of the water as if they were chicken fighting someone else. Nicole laughed as she held onto Robert for support. When he set her down on the edge of the pool he gently rested his chin right above her knee.

They skipped lunch and decided to head back to the room early. In the afternoon the heat was unbareable that day. They hopped on the bed and tuned to an NCIS marathon was going on. They sat and watched until about 3. That was when Nicole got up and took a shower for 15 minutes and began to get ready for dinner. It was Roberts birthday so they were going out to a really nice place. While it took Nicole hours to get ready it took Robert 30 minutes, most of which was him fixing his hair just right. Nicole was done by about 6.

"You ready to go lil Nic?"

"We don't need to go now. Our reservation is at 7"

"A reservation. How fancy." Robert joked. "So where is this reservation?"

"Its at this place in the French village. I forget what its called but its adult only. Its really nice."

"Sounds great! So how about you show me around the many parts of the resort I haven't seen yet to pass the time."

"Sure, just lemme get my bag so I can put my heels in there cause I am not walking around in heels." Nicole said as she reached under the bed where she stored her bags.

The first place Nicole took him was to the Italian village, because it was right next to Key West. There wasn't much to see, except the huge pool. So they moved on to the carribean village.

The carribean was the first original section of the resort. It has 2 pools all with swim up bars. They have a volleyball net on one and a cave in the other. It was also the section that had all the things to do on the beach.It took them a bit longer to get over to the main part of the carribean because it was all the way at the end of the resort.

By the time they were done seeing everything including the french village it was 6:30. So they decided to get coffee at one of the cafès. By the time they finished that it was time for dinner.

"Hello. Reservation name and room number please." The hostess asked Robert as they walked in.

"Everything is under your name Robbie." Nicole said clarifying Roberts questionable look.

"Ok uh the reservation is Downey room 6121."

"Ok right on time. Follow me please." The hostess sat Nicole and Robert at a small table outside. It was gorgeous. There was a single umbrella with lights strung around it and french music playing on the speakers. They both ordered their drinks and decided on what to order. It was an adult restaurant, so it was al a carte. Nicole ordered chicken fricasses with tarragon and Robert had no idea what any of this stuff was, so he ordered the same thing.

"So why me?" Robert said to Nicole as the waiter put their food on the table.

"What?"

"Why me? Why did you get this for me? You weren't even inviting yourself. You could've saved that trip for yourself! Why give it to me?"

"My miles were expiring and it was your birthday so I just thought you'd like a break. You aren't so used to this freezing." Nicole joked and Robert laughed and shoot his head.

"So Robbie, all this time i've known you, tell me your story."

"Ok well, my dad is a movie star as you know. And ever since I can remember I have wanted to do the same. That's the main reason why I am going to SNL, I hear if you're funny, which I am, you can shoot up to movies. That's just the push I need. What about you lil Nic? Whats up with you?"

"Well just like you I have known what I wanted to do since as long as I can remember. My dream is to go to the city and climb up the corporate ladder. But Hollywood sounds pretty nice too." They laughed.

The two took this time to get to know about each other and talk about things they wouldn't have earlier in the friendship. When they finally finished it was about 8:30, 9. They decided to not go to the club again for obvious reasons, and instead went back to the adult pool in Key West. It would be completely empty and beautiful with the pool lit up with changing colors.

When they got there Nicole stood right back up "Oh shoot I forgot something in the room! Stay here!" Nicole took off her heels and started to jog back through the hotel buildings to their room. While he was waiting Robert loosened up his tie so that the two ends were separated. It wasn't long until Nicole sat back down on a lounge chair.

"What was that about?" Robert asked sitting up.

"I got you this." Nicole said holding out her hand to reveal a gift wrapped in silver.

"Nicole you got me all of this, you didn't have to get me anything else." Robert said still taking the gift.

"Trust me you aren't going to ever give this back."

Robert opened it and his face lit up. "This is amazing lil Nic! I love it!" Robert said holding up an orange hoodie that looks exactly like the one from that December.

"Well now I can keep mine." Nicole laughed and Robert laughed a little staring at her smile.

"Listen Nicole, we need to talk."

"Robbie I told you-"

"Ya I know what you told me. But we are talking tonight. How are you doing?" Robert looked deep into Nicole's eyes.

"You know I'm fine...I really am... just..." Nicole looked into Roberts big beautiful eyes and let it all out. She started to cry uncontrollably. "Hey lil nic its alright. I'm here." Robert put his arms around her and rubbed her back.

"Its not about that we broke up Robbie." Nicole said pulling out of his warm embrace

"Then what is it?"

"It's not fair! Allthe guys I have ever been with are all the same! I thought Otis was different! He was amazing! But no! Do you know what it's like to only have jerks attracted to you?! And it isn't fair because you are everything I have ever wanted! I love you!"

"You what?!"

___________________________

Hey guys! What a great part to end. I wasn't going to, but I thought its too good of a cliff hanger to turn that down.