Chapter 6

A/N: Hi all! This is URGENT! I have changed the previous chapter (Chapter 5) so if any of you reading Chapter 5 prior to December 30 2016, I am afraid you will have to go back and read it again! Sorry for the confusion I just feel like it flows better with the new part! Love you all xxxx

'Where are we?' I asked Jesse.

'A party?' he said as thought it were the most obvious thing in the world. As i looked out the window, i noticed red solo cups on the front lawn, cars parked everywhere and a few people milling around. It actually was pretty obvious.

'You told me you were taking me home!' i cried, panicking.

'No, you said that. I told u I had something else to do. This is the something else,' he said, demonstrating how little he could care about the situation he had put me in.

'Jesse!' i screamed, jumping out of the car and running after him. 'You can't do this. I have school tomorrow. I'm new here. I just had a terrible first day at school and all I want to do is go to sleep and forget about it all,' I demanded, shaking my head. My life was a disaster at the moment. It was honestly something that you would hear about it a book or movie.

Jesse sighed. 'So drink to forget about it and be so hungover you can't go to school tomorrow. Solves all of your problems doesn't it?' It wasnt a good idea at all and his logic was warped but i had no other choice. Grumbling to myself, I followed him into the house. The music was pumping and despite it being early, there were a lot of people around. As we reached the backyard, more people came into sight.

'Jesse, my man!' a voice called. A dark-skinned guy with a contagious smile came striding over to Jesse and they did one of their weird man hugs whilst i stood awkwardly.

'Hey Travis,' Jesse said with a chuckle. Travis passed him his cup of beer and I watched as Jesse sculled it. How were we going to get home now? Travis looked at me expectedly but Jesse made no effort to explain.

'Hi, I'm Charlotte,' I introduced myself with a smile. Travis grinned and shook my hand.

'Got yourself a girl have you J? I've seen you leave with plenty of girls but i tell you, this is the first chic I've seen you arrive with!' Travis enthused, holding his hand up for a high five.

'Not my girlfriend. Just my mother's newest project,' Jesse said. I tried not to be hurt by his comment but it was hard. I'd expect that type of comment from him but still, it highlighted the startling truth - i was unwelcome here. Jesse left with his mate, leaving me standing alone in the middle of a party full of drunk and happy teenagers.

For half an hour I sat by myself on a chair at the back of the backyard. I was going to KILL Jesse.

'Are you okay?' a voice asked and I looked up to see a girl with deep orange hair pulled into two braids standing in front of me. She pulled a chair over and sat beside me. 'You look sad!' I mustered a smile and shook my head.

'I'm okay,' i said with a reassuring smile to the girl that seemed extremely sincere. 'I just don't really know anyone here. I'm new,' i explained. She smiled sympathetically.

'That was me last year. Alone and friendless. Come and join me and my friends,' she encouraged with a smile. I grinned at her and rose to my feet. I'm Holly by the way'

'I'm Charlotte.'

When we reached the group i noticed a few familiar faces. Jesse was one of them as well as the blond that had been practically on top of him in maths. 'Guys, this is Charlotte. She's new and she's sitting with us,' Holly introduced me. 'Do you go to Cherry Hills High?' she asked and i nodded. 'A senior?' she asked which i once against gave an affirmative response to.

'Oh cool! So you probably know Jesse and Sadie!' Holly said, pointing to Jesse and the blond that had made fun of me in maths. Jesse wore a small smirk on his face as i mumbled a small yes. Unsurely, i sat in the seat between Jesse and Holly. A huge esky filled with beer and god knows what else was placed conveniently in the centre of the circle.

'Would you like a drink?' Travis asked, reaching into the esky and pulling out a beer. I stared at it apprehensively. I'd never had alcohol before as stupid and immature as it sounded. I'd been given the opportunity but just had never felt the need to.

'Have you had alcohol before?' Sadie, the blond, sneered. I glanced at her. I would come across so lame if i said i hadn't.

'Of course,' i responded instead. She smirked making me feel transparent. Maybe alcohol was what i needed right now anyway. I did have a lot on my mind...

'You dont have to have it Charlotte,' Jesse said quietly. I looked at him in surprise for a moment.

'Um sure,' i responded with a polite smile, reaching out for the beer. When i retrieved it i noticed that it still had the cap on it. The beer was swiftly taken out of my hands by Jesse who popped it off and handed the beer back to me as if nothing had happened. I stared at him curiously. He had to be the most confusing person i had ever met - one minute he was mean and the next he was nice.

I peered into the bottle of beer as i brought it up to my mouth. It both looked and smelt abominable. Here I go. 

A/N/N: Here it is guys! Chapter 6! After a very long time! I love writing this book so much but i find it so hard to write so its been taking me so long and I can't apologise enough. Love all of you though xxx 

This chapter was a bit of a filler. It's what I like to call 'setting the scene'. Bare with me :) More chapters to come over the next few days :)

Hope you had an incredible Christmas and may 2017 be the best year yet. Happy new year guys <3