Chapter XXXV - Vicious Bedsheet

Start from the beginning

Reese and River arrive later during the day and apologize for dragging me to the party. I shrug it off. I decided to forgive them after that phone call from Constantine last night. How would they know that it would end up like that? I know my friends meant well.

Penny arrives not long after and we talk about what happened. We decided that it's best if I avoid Logan as much as possible.

Penny thinks that Hunter was bae and confesses to having a crush on him. So, like good friends that we are, we tease her mercilessly after that. I didn't know that Penny actually has a crush on Hunter. I must have been very clueless about things around me all this time. Huh, who would have thought that? I think it would be great if Hunter turned out to be Penny's mate.

Monday morning, I don't feel like going to school, but I drag myself out of the bed. I walk to school with my sister.

The staring and the whispering start as soon as I enter the school ground. I ignore them as best as I can.

Gosh, I really miss Constantine. Something is seriously wrong with my world since he's not around. The thought that I rely so much on him to make me feel whole and happy scares me a little...well, maybe a lot. But oh goddess, how could I not? I didn't stand a chance the moment I laid my eyes on him and after he claimed me...I miss him badly.

I meet Penny, Reese, and River by our lockers as usual. Today, I decided to use my mad ninja skills again to avoid certain people around school, especially Logan.

That mad ninja skill is totally crushed by the first period. English lit, the bane of my existence. I have Logan in that class with me.

For the first time ever, Logan is already sitting in his chair when I walk in with Penny. His ocean blue eyes follow me as I make my way to my seat.

Penny nudges me so hard, I seriously consider getting a new best friend. "Owww...thanks, Penny!" I scowl at her, furiously rubbing my side. One day she's really going to break my rib cage.

Logan doesn't do anything else other than making me uncomfortable the whole period with his stares. As soon as the class ends, though, he grabs my wrist.

"You feel that?" he whispers in my ear, while his thumb strokes the inside of my wrist. Sparks flares where our skin touch. "I know you still want me as much as I want you."

"Stay away from me, Logan," I hiss, pulling my hand out of his grip.

"Would be easier if you just come back to me," he retorts. Easier for who? I choose not to answer him.

"What an æsshole," mumbles Penny crossly, linking her arm through mine as we walk out of the classroom together.

It seems like the golden couple, Mia and Logan aren't together anymore. They're even sitting at different tables during lunch now.

Logan however, has another girl sitting on his lap while he openly stares at me during lunch. So much for wanting me. He kisses her down her neck, then her lips, all the while keeping his eyes trained on me. What is his problem???

Mia, who is sitting at another table glares at them, then turns to give me a death glare as well. What did I do?

"This is fascinating and sick at the same time, you know," remarks River, happily munching on his pizza.

"It's disgusting," announces Penny, glaring at him.

"Just ignore them, GenGen," advises Reese, squeezing my arm comfortingly.

Hunter flashes me a rueful smile, and I nudge Penny's side. She accuses me of trying to break her rib cage. Fuzzy slippers!!! My friend is such a drama queen!

School is uneventful apart from that. Well, by now I'd take uneventful over eventful any day.

I'm hoping that Constantine would call again tonight. I have a whole script memorized and a list of questions ready, just in case my brain decides to freeze again. Yeah, I'm that pathetic.

Gosh, I miss Constantine. I wonder if he misses me just as much.

Maybe it's just all me because he never called. I fall asleep with the phone in my hand just so that I don't have to fight with the bed sheet again.

Early the next morning I have a dream with mainly Constantine in it.

"Sunshine," he whispers, as he lifts the covers up and climbs into bed with me. His warm strong arms gather me close and he buries his face into my neck.

"Constantine," I sigh blissfully, burying my fingers in his thick silky hair.

Shudders run through me as I feel the length of his body covering mine. I wrap my legs around him, pulling him closer. He groans against my skin before he starts kissing, sucking and licking my neck like a man dying of thirst, and I'm his first sip of water.

I start moaning aloud before he quickly covers my lips with his. Mmmm...this feels so good. My tongue finds its way into his mouth. The taste of him, I can never get enough of....I could stay in this dream forever.

"Sweetie, are you up? Don't be late for school," calls mom, knocking loudly on the door. Nooooo!!!! I don't want to wake up yet. Not ever.

I open my eyes to stare up directly into a pair of gorgeous silver-grey eyes.

"Constantine?" I ask hesitantly, touching his cheek.

His eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "Do you have another lover waking you up like this every morning?" his voice is deep and sexy.

Oh, my goddess!!! "You're here!" I wrap my arms and legs around him and we both nearly fall off my tiny bed when I flip us onto our sides.

**********************************************************
I wonder how many of us who would mind having that dream 😉😋 Please vote and comment. Thank you for reading!!!

Much love
Nicole