Three

"Dad here's the med---- oh she's awake" a boy of my age entered the room holding a box of medicine. Maybe he's Noel's son, Hector.

Noel just smiled.

"I'm Hector, nice to meet you" he stretched his right hand towards me, I managed to grab his hand.

"Beatris" I mumbled, but clear enough.

My eyes are a little bit stingy because of crying. They felt dry.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I said in plain voice.

"Sure, that's the left door over there" then he pointed a door on the opposite of the house.

I stood up. I can sense they're both staring at me.

"Here let me hel---" I cut Hector off.

"I can manage" I said and went straight to the bathroom. I lugged myself there. I went in front of the mirror.

I can see my honey blond hair is a little bit burned on the sides. My blues eyes are teary red. My lips were so dry and my face has minor scratches and dirt. I washed my face.

*knock *knock

I opened the door. I saw Hector standing. "Here, I managed to find these" He then gave me a pair of T-shirt and pants.  Then he left.

"Hector wait" he turned his head to me and gave me that 'what' look.

"Do you have a pair of scissor?" I asked. He looked at me puzzled. But he quickly rushed to the kitchen and managed to find one.

"Thanks" I said. He just smiled.

I closed the door and went in front of the mirror. I took the burnt side of my hair then cut them off. My long hair are now leveled to my shoulder.

I hopped straight to the shower. I can feel the cold water run through my body, though a bit stingy when they meet my wounds.

I used the pair of clothings Hector gave me. They were exact to my size.

Then I went out of the shower.

I feel relieved.

I saw Hector sitting by the window staring outside. I approached him. He looked at me, our eyes collided.

Those dark gray eyes. They look so mysterious.

"What's with the hair?"

"I cut them off"

He didn't respond. He shifted his attention outside. I also looked outside. I can see those giant pine trees surrounding the house. They were so green and refreshing.Unlike District 7 where every angle of it, you'll see giant skyscrapers and commercial buildings.

"Thanks for saving me" I said.

He just stared out the window like he heard nothing.

I sat beside him. He just ignored me. There was a moment of silence between us.

"What District is this?" I asked out of nowhere.

"It's 9" he mumbled.

"Don't worry you're safe here, we were able to turn the barrier on before they--the aliens landed" he added.

It was silent again.

The silence broke when we heard a giant explosion from outside.

Noel came inside the house nervous and worried.

"They're here..."

***

A/N

Pls. Vote. Comment. Share.