Chapter Ten - Blank

Start from the beginning

"What if she's not?!" he shouted, looking up at me with wet, red eyes. "And don't give me that I know she is bullshit because she's trying to kill herself and she's probably already dead, Harry! And don't tell me not to say that because it's true!"

I stared at him, but I couldn't deny what he had said. It was true, and as much as I did not want to admit it, he was right.

Zayn walked in, holding his phone tightly. "The cops are on their way," he said, clearly trying to keep his voice steady and not freak out. I sighed and nodded, rubbing my arm up and down Niall's back. A few seconds later, Liam and Louis came back in--Louis wiping at his mouth.

"You alright?" Zayn asked him. Louis sighed and shook his head no, shrugging afterwards. After about five minutes of standing there, staring at each other silently, the door-bell rang. Without hesitating, Liam turned and ran to the door. I stood up and followed slowly close behind.

Liam opened the door to see two police men. He let them step in, which they did, nodding at me and Liam.

"The missing girl that wanted to kill herself, I think we may have found her," one of the cops said. My eyes widened as he continued. "Brown hair, little past shoulder lenght?" 

"Yes."

"Black clothes, an ear piercing in her left ear?"

"Yes, that's her," I gushed, my heart racing.

"We've found her," the second cop said. We all breathed out sighs of relief. "She's in the hospital. She's been in a serious car accident."

And we froze again. Blank.

"Only two of you can come with us, the rest in the morning," the first cop said. "Who's coming?"

"Me and Harry will go," Louis said. I turned to him. He looked pale, but that was only from this whole situation. I nodded.

"Alright," the second cop said, "let's go."

Louis and I followed the cops to their car. Of course, the place was covered in paps. I knew in a matter of minutes this would be all over Twitter and rumors would be flying, so before they could start, I took out my phone and tweeted.

"Before anything starts, nobody is in trouble with the police. I would be happy if you didn't make anything up, thank you. H xx"

I sent it and sighed, slipping my phone back into the pocket of my jeans. Louis was resting his head against the window, blowing onto it. I watched the window fog up a bit for a couple of seconds with each blow of air. After a while, he sighed deeply, making the window very foggy for a few more seconds longer than usual.

"Harry," he whispered, turning to me slowly. His eyes were welling with tears and his bottom lip was trembling, "what if she isn't okay?"

"Don't say that, Lou, she'll be alright," I said, trying to move towards him--but he wouldn't let me. He shook his head and bit his shaky lip.

"No, no, no, Harry! Don't say that, because she probably isn't. She's been in a car accident, Harry. As much as I want to say she's alright, she probably isn't." I stared at Louis, thinking.

"Remember that time I fell out of the tree and hit my head on the way down and was dead for, like, a minute? And you tried to pull Mica out of the room, and then she heard me talking? You gave up, but she didn't even though the beepy thing stopped beeping. And remember the time I tried to kill myself? Twice? You didn't give up on me that time. Remember when the tree fell on her and could have killed her, but it didn't?"

Louis stared at me for a minute before nodding, scooting over and resting his head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around him and held him as we drove to the hospital.