Chapter Four - Kiss In The Rain

Mica.

"Yes? ...No, she didn't... No." I was about to say something, but I was too tired so I let myself wake up more first before speaking to the other voice.

I could hear Harry talking to someone on the phone, though I didn't know why he had to do it in my room.

"Yes." Just as I was about to say something, Harry spoke again. "No, Mr. Adams.... Why? ...Would she usually sneak out, or something?" I stayed quiet, deciding to try and listen in.

"She what!? ...Is that why you called us? Because she keeps causing trouble?" My heart began to beat faster and faster in my chest. Harry knows, and he wasn't supposed to know. He would probably hate me now.

"Oh... thank you for letting me know, Mr. Adams... I'll make sure she stays out of trouble," Harry said, before ending the phone call. I heard him set it down on something wooden, maybe my bed side table, before I felt the bed dip. "Mica," his voice whispered, "wake up."

I groaned, rolling over slowly before stretching my arms over my head, faking an awakening. "Mornin' Harry."

"Mica, can I ask you something?" Shit. Here it comes.

"Ehm... sure," I croaked, refraining from looking him in the eye.

"You got caught with drugs?" he asked, a little more calm than I expected. I looked up at him, and his stare was soft; worried, even.

"Um... a couple of times, yeah," I said, looking down at my hands after crossing my legs. Harry's eyes widened, and the soft look disappeared. 

"A couple of times?" he gushed, shocked. "And it wasn't just drugs... was it? You had beer, you were in jail, you got into fights!" He began to freak out a little more now, his eyes wide and brows raised as he stared down at me.

"Harry, please don't do this," I said, putting my hand over his. He quickly pulled his hand away, glaring at me.

"What happened to you, Mica? What happened to the little girl who loved boxing, and the worst thing she'd do is swear? What happened?" he asked, looking quite sad now.

"She broke, Harry! She needed her father, she needed someone, and nobody was ever there. So, she was forced to grow up too fast," I sighed, fiddling with my fingers after my outburst.

"...Mica," he simply said. I didn't want to look up at him. I didn't want to see his disappointed face. I didn't want that.

"Mica. Look at me," he growled, making me look up. My head wasn't even fully up yet when I felt his lips press into mine.

I didn't kiss back. I sat there, not knowing what to do as Harry kissed me. Once he realized I wasn't kissing back, he pulled away.

We sat and stared awkwardly at each other for a moment before he got up and turned towards the door, walking out without another word.

I sat there in shock. Why didn't I kiss back? I should have kissed back. Things would be so awkward for us now and it's my fault. I wish I kissed him back.

I heard my door open and looked up, expecting to see Harry, but it was Niall. "What's up with Harry?" he asked.

I sighed and fell back onto my bed, groaning out. "What did he do?"

"Nothing, he went to his room, got changed, then left." Niall walked over and sat on my bed. I sat up and sighed. "What happened?"

"He... um... Harry kissed me," I muttered, looking down for a minute to wait for his answer, but it didn't come.