Something New

"Loki."

        Loki's breath hitched in his throat at the sound of her voice. The same warm, soft voice that he remembered. He didn't dare say a word but instead pulled her into him, breathing a sigh of relief when her arms wrapped around him in return. When he loosened his grip on her, she sat up on the ground, propping herself up on her shoulders.

        "LADY KIYA!"

        "WOAH," she hollered.

        Thor swung her up in his arms, almost crushing her in his hug. Despite the strangle, Kiya let out a happy laugh as he placed her on her feet.

        Kiya's eyes widened a bit as her smile faded, "Did I...kill anyone?"

        "A few close calls," commented Harry, drawing her attention to him, "But we're all alive and well."

        "Harry, I'm so sorry," started Kiya.

        Harry simply walked over and pulled her into a hug. He rested his chin on the top of her head as he rubbed her back. A smile graced his lips and relief seemed to wash over everyone in that moment.

        "We're just glad you back with us," he told her.

        A pair of long arms wrapped around the two of them. From what Kiya could see, a big grin and red hair came into view. She couldn't help but let out a chuckle as George began to swing them back in forth in his arms, humming a random tone. Kiya pulled away from Harry and moved to George to give him a proper hug. Ron and Hermione followed in George's steps...just without the group hug. Mrs. Weasley practically jogged over and took Kiya's face in her hands, squishing her cheeks together as any worried mother would. Mr. Weasley simply gave her a hug and a kiss.

        "Who are they," questioned Thor as he motioned over to the couple.

        "They," whispered Loki, "are Kiya's parents."

        Thor gave Loki a look, "I thought she took their memories from them."

        Loki gave a shrug, "I needed some way of finding you two."

~

       "Who are they?"

        My eyes turned to Thor before I followed his gaze. I felt my body freeze at the sight of my parents standing in the field; and they were staring right at me. How did they get here? Why were they here? That's all I could ask myself as I pulled myself away from Mrs. Weasley's motherly hug. I felt her hand gently pat my back before pushing me in their direction.

        "Go," she whispered, her hands clasping together as she held them beneath her chin.

        I nodded, not really knowing what to say. When I looked back at them, they seemed to share the same feeling. I took a breath as I made my way over to them, one step at a time.

        Why are they here?

        Do they know who I am?

        Do they remember me?

        ...How would they remember me??

        I stopped a few feet short of them. The palms of my hands seemed to sweat at the thought that they probably saw me as a complete stranger who tried to take over the world. I found myself nervously messing with my fingers in an attempt to relax me as I tried to find the right words.