The Masked Sensei

Kagome will be assigned to a genin team and meet her jounin sensei. She wondered who the sensei might be. She has heard of all the powerful jounin in the village. Would it be Kurenai Yūhi, the powerful genjutsu user who is rivaled to the Uchiha clan? Or Asuma Sarutobi, the son of the third Hokage? Or maybe Kakashi Hatake the Copy-nin? Those were the only famous ones she knew about. She knew that they are all equally powerful. But she was mostly curious about Kakashi Hatake. He became genin at the age of five, a chuunin at six, and then a jounin at twelve. He was a prodigy alright. His mother died at childbirth. So he was raised by his father, Sakumo Hatake who was known as the White Fang of Konoha. Unfortunately, his reputation went downhill after a failure of an important mission. His father had two choices during that mission: abandon your comrades and complete the mission or abandon the mission and save your comrades. Sakumo decided to save his comrades. Afterwords, the villagers hated him for the failed mission and soon went into depression. It was reported that Sakumo had committed suicide in order to end his depression.

Kagome couldn't help but to feel sorry for Kakashi. Losing a mother at birth and then a father. She couldn't believe that the village, even the ones he saved, hated him for saving his comrades. How could the village be so cruel to the most honorable shinobi? She respected and admired Sakumo for his skills and loyalty to the village. She just wished that she had the chance to meet him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Kagome walked down the street towards the academy with Kirara sitting in her hood part of her hoodie. She was wondering who she'll have on her team. From what she had learned, they had to group those with the lowest scores with the highest scores. Her best guess that she'll be grouped with Sasuke Uchiha, Ryouta Hyuuga, Shikamaru Nara, or possibly Shino Aburame who all have high scores. But she doesn't know who she'll be grouped with those with the lowest scores. Well, she'll just have to find out. She was fine with working with either one of them.

Suddenly, she felt a familiar aura nearby. She turned to her left and saw something strange. There was a person hiding behind a cloak, using the pattern of the fence behind them. The only problem was that the person was holding the cloak in the wrong direction. She now knew who this person was: Konohamaru Sarutobi. She remembered when she first met the grandson of the Sandaime. She was with the Sandaime who had just approved of her picture and then a young boy dashed into the room with a kunai at hand and fell flat on his face. Konohamaru first accused her of making him trip and then the two got mad at each other until Kagome hit him on the back of the head and left. It wasn't until later when she sensed him following her throughout the village. Soon enough, he finally revealed himself to her. He told her of the annoyance of repeatedly being called the honorable grandson and wanted to be the next Hokage quickly. Kagome told him that there is no shortcut to getting stronger. She told him that if he wanted to become Hokage he had to defeat her first. Then Ebisu, Konohamaru's sensei, showed up and tried to separate her and Konohamaru. She used the Oiroke no jutsu that she had made up for distractions of any case. Let's just say that Ebisu shot up in the air with blood shooting out of his nose. At the end of the day, Kagome and Konohamaru made their first challenge: they will train hard to become the next Hokage.

"Konohamaru, I know that it's you." Kagome said. Konohamaru took off the cloak and ran up to her.

"Very good, Kagome! As expected of my rival!" Konohamaru shouted with a big smile.

"I didn't do anything, Konohamaru." Kagome said with a sweatdrop on her temple.

"Let's fight fair now!" Konohamaru challenged.

"I wish I could, Konohamaru-kun, but I have to get to an orientation now." Kagome said.

"Orientation?" Konohamaru asked, confused.