4; ♡ Running Under The Sun? Hell No

Начните с самого начала

But it returned after a few seconds.

The surprise!

“So?” he asked, a little unsure.

Okay,  after saying it aloud, it really sounded stupid.

Too late to back out now.

I took a deep breath, I was panting a little because of all the rambling I had to say. “Don’t thank me.”

 “I thanked you. You should accept it.’’ He snapped. I snickered.

“I didn’t accept it, and I won’t. Work it through that thick head of yours.’’ I took my bag from the ground and walked around him, but as I was passing, he threw the cat at me. It dug its claws on my arms, and I felt pain shot through my body. I let a loud scream, throwing it back at him. ‘’What the hell do you think you are doing?!’’ 

He raised and eyebrow. ‘’You don’t only hate them, but you are scared of them. “I rolled my eyes.

“So?’’

“Accept it.’’ He narrowed his eyes at me.

I let out a sigh, showing him how annoyed I am. “I told you I am not accepting it.’’

His jaw was tightly closed, as if he was trying to control his anger. Then he smiled forcefully. ‘’Fine.’’ He put the cat down, and patted its head, then he whispered something to it that it turned its head to me, and I swear that I saw it smirk.

It even grinned.

Before  I could confirm what I saw, it began running after me. I let out a gasp, and turned around to run.

                              ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I have to say, sometimes I really love running – even If I was horribly bad at it, and even if I talked all the time about how much I hate it. I don’t know why, but I liked when I ran and how the air felt against my skin.

But as I said, just sometime which is very rare.

Which also means never.

And this moment, is not from those ‘sometimes’ because if anything, I feel like dying.

I was panting like an animal – even though, currently an animal is following me, and it's surely not panting – and sweat was all over my face, my hair was sticking in a weird direction, and it was very sticky to the point I just want to throw myself in the lake that I was running  by.

I gave up on screaming a long time ago, because apparently, Adam was watching us from a far – maybe waiting for me to give up – with his cat still running after me. And even if we passed by people, they would give us weird glances, and a few of them laughed.

I didn’t understand why he had to make a huge deal out of this, maybe I was the one who started it… if I had accepted what he said, then nothing of this would have happened.

“Fine, fine! I give up!’’ I shouted, stopping on my track. I heard a few meows – and a small growl which I was sure came from that despicable cat – I also heard him making a familiar sound behind me, making me turn around with a raised eyebrow. “Did you just… chuckle?’’ I said the last word slowly, as if I wasn’t sure.  He stopped chuckling and looked at me with the same old glare.

Wrinkles are going to take over your face if you didn’t stop glaring like my grandma.

Maybe that is the reason why she died early.

I mentally shook my head.

 No, she died because uncle Patrick accidentally hit her with the apple tree he was cutting.

What a lose, no more fresh apples.

He cleared his throat, snapping me back to the reality. I looked at him once again. He was scratching his neck almost… nervously?

I blinked a few times.

None of my business.

I sighed, and sat on the grass that was near the lake. The weather was beautiful; not cold nor hot, or it might be just for me. I remember that my friends used to call me ‘iron woman’ not only because I was strong, cool, and not really caring about love or any emotion that come across that. But it was also because I never got cold easily. Even if it snowed, I would be wearing light clothes. Some of them envied me, but it wasn’t that great thing, because I almost couldn’t stand being in a hot place, I would start sweating immediately.

I took a deep breath, and closed my eyes, raising my chin to the sky. It was amazing feeling, that I almost didn’t notice the light sound that came out from the grass when Adam sat near me. I slowly opened my eyes, enjoying the moment, and turned my gaze to him.

He was sitting with crossed legs, watching me intently.  He was biting his bottom lip sightly, and his hair was missed up as if he just woke up. His glare was replaced with a different expression that I couldn’t really figure out.

I narrowed my eyes at him.”Wait, are you by any chance,’’ I put my hand on the grass, and leaned into it, getting closer and closer to him, to have a better look at him.”Blushing?” I tilted my head to the side as I said that. He didn’t reply, and a moment of silence happened, and it began to become awkward, that I almost thought that he fell asleep with his eyes open.

“Are you-‘’

“Your eyes are so pretty.’’ He blurted out, surprising me. I looked at him as if he grew two heads. He seemed to be surprised by what he said, because his cheeks suddenly started to redden, that he coughed awkwardly and started scratching his neck again.

“Adam,’’ I whispered. He snapped his head, narrowing his eyes. And at that moment I remembered that he didn’t know that I knew his name.

Not my fault.

That boy is practically the hot topic of the school.

 I stared at him silently, and said,”Are you gay?’’ 

                                                 ○         ○          ○

                             Next Chapter's Title: Warning! Cliche On The Way.

Dedicated to: rainyjanuary/weakner because she is the sweetest person on earth ;3 

Vote . Comment . Enjoy.

xxx