Hello Mr Right

"Hello Mr Right." I say with a ridiculously stupid grin on my face that I am so glad he can't see me. I really needed this call to perk me up. After yesterday I totally forgot abut him.

"Ah so you like it do you?" He chuckles.

"Well I can certainly think of better names for you but I'll deal. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Oh darling you haven't known pleasure yet." He states confidently and I can't help but help but giggle like a school girl.

"Someone is sure of themselves.... What makes you think you could show me pleasure?" I find myself flirting back shamelessly. This is so not like me. I kick my legs over the arm of the chair and drain the last of my cold coffee.

"Well then I guess I will have to persuade you on our date Friday then won't I..."

"You should probably know something about me before Friday then..." I state in a mock serious tone but meaning what I am saying or trying to say if he would quit interrupting me with that cocky charm.

"Beautiful I want to know everything there is to know about you." He is so smooth, I giggle once again like a moron.

"Are you always such a terrible flirt, I don't think I can handle that." I tease back playfully. I can handle him, I so want to handle him. Bad.

"I doubt you can handle me but I am will to teach if your will to be a good student."

"Right if going to be a pervert an..." I say with fake disgust as I find the whole thing quite amusing. It really is refreshing.

"Wait! I will behave now I promise. Please continue." He says clearing his throat. He sounds funny when he tries for serious.

"Good because I wouldn't want to spank you, or would I?" I taunt to which he bursts out laughing and the loud bang of Danny's door closing startles me reminding me he is still here. Oh bother. I totally forgot I had an audience. My cheeks flush at what he just heard.

"Text me the details I have to go sorry." I say rushing him off the phone. It isn't fun anymore. How could I forget about Danny. That has never happened before, I'm thrown.

"Erm yeah okay? Bye then?" He sounds confused and frankly I am not surprised but I need to sort things with Danny, although I thought we did that before. Maybe he's embarrassed like I am at my blatant flirting. We don't really share that much about our private lives. Well until mine goes wrong. Maybe I should take more interest in his bimbos. I should probably start by stopping the mean girl nicknames.

"Bye." I say then hang up as I sit staring at Danny's door. I wonder what's eating him? What could I have done now? Surely it can't be the flirting, the more I think about it the less it makes sense. I sit in silence for what seems like an eternity but in fact is probably about 10 minutes thinking how different Danny is since he's been home. Yesterday was so out of character, he's always so happy and funny. Maybe all the years of putting me first has taken it toll. I am such an awful friend to him.

My eyes dart up from the floor to meet his snapping me out of my self loathing moment, he looks angry and defeated but I don't understand why.

"You okay?" I ask tentatively but his only reply is a grunt as he searches for something.

"Are you upset with me about something?" Yet another grunt.

It's like poking a bear, my mind is screaming stop but my mouth is relentless is its pursuit for answers.

"For gods sake will you grow up and talk to me?!" I yell, frustration finally getting the better of me. Him ignoring me is totally unusual and completely disconcerting.

"And what is it you want me to say Princess?" He retorts sarcastically, not what I was expecting but at least its something.

"Well for starters you can tell me what's wrong." I demand not letting him get to me, I am used to mild mood swings like this. He usually goes out and finds a new blonde, then get drunk and well yeah you get the rest.

"It's nothing." He snaps grabbing a roll of money from where he was searching under the sink and my eyes nearly pop out there sockets. Where the hell did that come from? Seeing the look on my face he approaches me and kisses me softly on the forehead.

"Don't worry about it. I will see you later, don't wait up." With that said he turns and heads out the front door leaving me stood there shocked and confused.

"Don't worry about it." Does he mean the money or his issue? Where the hell did that money come from? Is there more? How did he afford this place? Why is he keeping money stashed around the house? I know he has a bank account. I decide instead of standing there thinking up questions I will take action and find answers.

The search begins....What are you hiding Daniel Luis Cortez.