Moving Forward

I was humming to myself as I washed the dishes. A few days passed and I heard Naruto, Choji, Shikamaru, Neji, and Kiba went on a mission to retrieve Sasuke. But they failed. I felt really bad for them. I paused with what I was doing as I thought about the worst.

I heard they came back bruised up and that they nearly died on that mission. They risked their lives to save Sasuke. I clenched a glass in my hand. "Unforgivable." I muttered with a frown. Sasuke... what you did to them is unforgivable.

"Ouch!" I squeezed the glass to hard, causing it to shatter in my hand. The remaining shards of glass fell on the floor. "Princess, are you okay?" Isuke asked me. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said, looking at the palm of my hand.

I should've gone on that mission. Maybe if I was there, they wouldn't be in the condition they're in now. "Princess, there's someone approaching the door." Isuke informed. "Thanks, Isuke." I said, turning off the water.

I walked over to the door and opened it. I gasped when I saw it was Neji. I immediately hugged him, nearly knocking him off his feet. "Miu?"

"Yokatta (Thank goodness). I'm so glad you're okay." I said as tears formed at the brim of my eyes. "Miu, it's okay. We're all okay." Neji said, gently hugging me back. "I should've gone on that mission with you. It's all my fault. I'm sorry." I said, the tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Miu, don't cry. It's not your fault." He said, breaking the hug so he as looking at me. "No, it is my fault. If I hadn't stayed here, I would've helped all of you. I would've stopped you all from getting hurt. I'm so useless. I couldn't save my friends. I'm so sorry." I apologized.

"Miu, stop blaming yourself for everything. None of this is your fault. It was our mission, and we failed. You are not to blame." Neji said as he wiped the tears off my face. I sniffed as I wiped my eyes. I gasped when he grabbed my wrist and raised it to his face.

"What happened to your hand?" He asked. "It's nothing. It's just a scratch." I said. "You're bleeding." Neji said. "It's nothing. Really." I tried convincing him. Neji pulled me into the bathroom and began to clean out my hand.

Once that was done, he wrapped my hand in a bandage. "I'm sorry." I said. "What for?" He asked as he was finished wrapping my hand. "For being reckless." I answered. "I don't think you're reckless. Does your hand still hurt?" Neji asked.

I shook my head. "I feel better now." I said. I lowered my head a little. "Miu, what's wrong?" Neji asked. "I... I don't think you should be hanging around me." I said.

"Why not?"

"Because... I'm a freak."

"You're not a freak, Miu."

"I am."

"How so?"

I sighed and took his hand, leading him to the backyard. "There was a reason why people called me all those names. But they never knew my secret." I said. "What are you talking about?" He asked. "I'll show you."

I closed my eyes as I made my pink wings emerge from my back. "See?" I said, looking at him. Neji's eyes were wide with shock. "Are you some kind of angel?" He asked. I giggled. "No, I'm not an angel. It's just something I have. It's an ability." I explained, floating a few feet off the ground.

"I can also read minds." I added. "You can?" Neji asked. I nodded my head. "I also have telekenisis and I can freeze time." I admitted. "Why are you telling me this?" Neji asked.

"Because I trust you. You seemed to be there for me whenever I was lonely. Like when we first met, you offered to help me. And when you and your uncle let me spend the night at your house. Thank you for that, Neji." I said with a smile.

Neji smiled back and hugged me. "I'm glad I was able to help." He said. I hugged him back. Neji kissed my forehead, then my cheek, slowly making his way to my lips. I blushed when he gently kissed my lips, but my eyes started to close as I kissed back.

I wrapped my arms around him as his hands went around my waist. I broke from the kiss as I looked at Neji with a blush. He was blushing, too, as he gazed back at me. "Um... sorry about that, Miu." Neji apologized, taking a step back.

"I'm sorry, too." I replied, my face still red. "I should probably go. Miu, you know you can always come to me when you need help, right?" He said. "Yes. Thank you, Neji." I smiled. Neji kissed my forehead before leaving the house.

I sat down on the couch as Isuke jumped on my lap. "Well?" He asked. "Well, what?" I asked. "You like Neji Hyuga, don't you?" Isuke said. "Well, I like him, but as a friend." I replied. "Mm-hm." He said. "Let's change the subject."

"Very well. Princess, have you activated your third eye yet?"

"My what?"

"Your third eye. Using your powers, you're able to activate your third eye in order to see things from another place."

"So, it's like Gaara's Manipulation of the Third Eye technique."

"Exactly. Only it's not made of sand and you can conjure it whenever you'd like. Let's try it now for practice."

I gave a nod and sat down on the floor, cross-legged, as I began to meditate, focusing on my third eye. "Princess, breathe calmly. Clear your mind. Focus." Isuke said. I did as he said and concentrated. I opened my eyes and gasped when I saw a huge pink eyeball staring at me.

 I opened my eyes and gasped when I saw a huge pink eyeball staring at me

"Uh, Isuke, what is this?" I asked, trying not to panic. "That, Princess, is your third eye. According to my Intel, your third eye can read other people's mind if you cannot, can teleport you from one place to another, shoot a laser, and see through solid objects." Isuke explained.

"This eye can do all that?" I asked. "Precisely, Princess. Also, whenever you conjure it, it will follow you around like a companion." He added. "Hmm..." I stood up and gently touched the eye's head, or surface. Looks like I better get training."  

This is the end of the book. Don't worry, there will be a sequel, but I don't think it's going to be a long one. But we'll see.Thank you for reading, commenting, and voting. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

Kureiji out~