Cousin?

Miu's POV

I opened my eyes, looking at the dark sky. "So you're finally up,"

I blinked before sitting up from the ground. "You were knocked out for quite a while now. I'm surprised you're still able to move," I looked over to my right, spotting a man with short red hair and brown eyes. A fire was set in front of him while he used a stick to move around the wood in order to keep the fire lit.

"How are you feeling? Anything broken?" He asked as he moved the wood around. "Um... no. Nothing's broken. I feel fine. Though, my head hurts a little." I said. "That's natural. At least I think it is. I wouldn't know. I've never been infected with one of that snake's curse marks." He explained.

"Curse mark?" I repeated. "There's a mark of a rose on your neck." He informed. (Picture of Miu's curse mark)

 (Picture of Miu's curse mark)

He still wouldn't look at me. I read his mind to find out his name. I blinked in confusion. I couldn't get anything off of him. I tried again. Nope, nothing. Why can't I read his mind? "I don't mean to be rude or anything, but who are you?' I asked.

"Mother wasn't lying when she said you were clueless. Not that I'm surprised." He said, his eyes still on the fire. I raised a brow at him. He sighed. "Well, I suppose I have to tell you," He said.

He set the stick down next to him then turned to face me. "My name is Sasori of the Red Sand. Your cousin." He introduced. "Cousin?" I asked.

"That's right." He answered.

"I don't have any relatives."

"I'm your half relative."

"Half relative?"

"My mother was your father's half sister. You never knew me because I only met you when you were an infant. An innocent child would grow up to be a strong kunoichi," He explained. I stared at him, waiting for him to continue.

"A few years later, I heard a rumor going around. A young girl's parents abandoned her because she had the ability to read minds. With that, the girl grew up on her own. No one to watch over her. No one to care for her wellbeing. No one to love her. That's when I started looking for you." Sasori finished as he stared at me.

"How did you know where to find me?" I asked him. "You don't wanna know." He said as he closed his eyes. "How do I know you're not lying? For all I know, you could have made that story up." I said. "If I don't know you, then how come I know you have a birthmark of small heart on the left side of your bellybutton?" He asked.

I gasped. It's true. I did have a birthmark of a heart on the left side of my bellybutton. "How did you-"

"Like I said before, we're half relatives. I'm here to take you with me." Sasori explained. "Where will you take me?" I asked. "A safer place where you won't get hurt," He said. I blinked. "Uh..."