Chapter 05

The men began carrying me backstage after yanking me off the ground viciously. The bright lights disappeared and I could see again. They shuffled me back down a hall. Then we turned a corner. This was a hall I recognized, the one with the girls. I only assumed that it was the girls holding quarters. Surprisingly I found that there were no guards in the hall.

'They really do not make this easy for themselves.'

They pushed me into a room at the end of the hall. Nic followed me in.

   "Now darling, we could do this the easy way or the hard way." He began while reaching into his pocket, bringing out his hand to reveal a blue pill. "You could swallow this like a good girl... Or I could pin you down and shove it down your throat."

  I stared him for a moment. My face fell and I put my hands up in surrender.

   "I fucking quit. I'm done fighting... You win. Just give me it." I said in a whisper.

    He cocked an eyebrow at me analyzing me. I gazed at the floor and peaked up at him through my lashes. He nodded, I assume unconsciously.

   I kept my eyes sad and my shoulders slumped he placed the pill on my palm and I stared at it for a second.

   'He bought it!'

  I popped the pill in my mouth and swallowed.

  "Open." Nic demanded.

  I opened my mouth obeying his commands to move my tongue around and so on. He nodded turned and began walking out the door. Right before he stepped out of the room he glanced at me.

   "Good Luck... You're gonna need it."

   And for a split second, I saw a flash of sadness cross his face.

The door closed and I got to work. I scanned my surroundings and saw there was a bed, a desk, a chair, a trash can, a closet, and a dresser. I walked to the trash and spit the pill in the trash. What Nic wasn't good at was observing. Telling me to move my tongue around was a mistake, it made it easier for me to hide it. Then I began searching.

   First place I looked was the desk. I found scissors, a flashlight, tissues, and a wadded up piece of paper. In the dresser I found only skimpy lingerie and for what it was worth, I found rope. In the closet it was nothing but rusty hangers and cob webs, but then I looked up.

    'A vent!!!!!!'

  This got me some where. The vent was big enough for me to fit. I hadn't known how much time I had but I knew every second counted. I walked quickly to the desk and grabbed the scissors and flash light. Then I grabbed some clothes from the dresser and threw them on the bed.

   I threw back the bed sheets and molded the clothes to look like a body sleeping. I covered it up and then quickly walked to the dresser and grabbed the rope.

     Once I had everything, I grabbed the chair took it into the closet and shut the door. I turned the flashlight on and stood on the chair. My head touched the ceiling and I had easy access to the vent. I took the scissors and tried to fit it into the screw. With my luck it didn't fit. Next option. I took a hanger from the rack and placed it into the screw. At least that fit. I began turning the screws. One by one they popped out. I shoved the vent cover into the ducts and placed my hands on the walls. Slowly I hoisted myself up.

    'At least now exercise comes in handy.'

  I was in the vent and tying the road to the cover when I heard men speaking outside the bedroom door. I slowly placed the vent door back out and pulled the rope tight so it would look like the cover was still on and in tact. I tied the rope to the hanger and placed the curve end in the side of the vent, in a crevice. The door opened to the room and I head footsteps walking in. Any second they'd know I'm gone. I began furiously but quietly sliding my way through the vent until it hit a four way intersection.

  I heard yelling then turned right.
____________________________________________
I feel like every time I write I'm sick. Last part I thought I had the flu... It was. That one time I got strep and ear infections. Now I have a cold that might become an infection with my luck. I literally always sick. Someone help... ASAP. Anyway... So whatcha thinkin? Will she escape? Will she get caught? Will she reach a dead end? Will she fall through the vent and land in someone's lap like in the cheesy movies? Will she ever give up? Do you like her? Do you hate how much she is trying to escape or are you with her? Do you admire her strength? Does anyone have curiosities about her father? What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? The world may never know. Stay tuned kids... Stay tuned.
    P.s. Sorry it was short, but it's in a short. HA FUNNY.... that wasn't funny.
                                                                     ~MMK