Kaden's Home

Tears poured from my eyes constantly. I couldn't turn them off. I lost my brother and my mother in the same day and I don't think anybody should have to go through that. Kaden pulled me closer to him, stroking my hair. He just laid with me, letting me cry, which surprised me. He'd never been a fan of tears.

"Princess, we all have to go at some time." He told me. I shook my head.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? I could have talked to her. We could have prevented this." I cried.

"Don't think things like that. It's going to make things worst."

"If I wouldn't have froze on that stand he probably wouldn't have been in jail anyways." I mumbled.

"Listen. You know I'm not a super Christian but even I know it's all in God's plan. You're a strong soldier. You'll make it through this just like you made it through every other trial." He told me. I nodded, closing my eyes.

I couldn't fall asleep. I just laid there in silence.

My phone started going off constantly. Siriya and Josiah were calling me. They were taking turns. I looked at my phone for a while before looking at Kaden. He looked at me, watching to see what I did. I waited for Siriya to call back before picking up the phone.

"Hel-"

"Where the hell are you?" She said.

"I'm good BestFriend don't worry about me. I'm not doing anything stupid." I told her.

"You answer the damn phone when I call." She said.

"Okay BestFriend."

"When you coming home?" She asked.

"I'll be home in the morning I have some things to do afterwards though."

"Okay." Siriya said, and I was about to hang up.

"Don't hang up. Where the fuck are you?" Josiah yelled.

"Where's Karly, Snipe? Go worry about Karly." I stated before hanging up. I looked at Kaden.

"I thought y'all two were together." He told me.

I shook my head, "We never were."

"You ain't give the nigga no pussy and he still willing to kill over you? Damn, Princess, you got it like that?" Kaden asked. I laughed a little.

"Well..." I shrugged, smiling. He gave me that look.

"You capin. Stop pretending like you don't give a fuck about him for my benefit. You know ion respect liars." He said.

I sighed, "He stopped fucking with me because I'm not over you. He got a girl, and he still worrying about what the fuck I got going on."

"Lil nigga in love with my girl," Kaden shook his head. I watched, monitoring his reaction. "He is trying to make you jealous with Karly, probably trying to make feel how he felt when you were with me." Kaden explained.

"I know he wants me to fight for him like he fought for me." I said.

"Why aren't you?" He asked.

"Am I not here with you?" I asked sarcastically. He laughed.

"Aye nigga. Watch the attitude." He said. I laughed too, getting closer to him.

"I love you Kaden. Josiah knows that." I said.

"I love you too." He replied.

There was silence after that.

I woke up the next day and took a shower. I put on one of Kaden's white t-shirts and a pair of his basketball shorts. I slid on my Nike slides.

"When you coming back?" Kaden asked.

"I don't know. I got to do some stuff for the burials. After that, I'll call you." I told him. He nodded, pulling me into a kiss.

"And when you see yo lil boyfriend tell him Lace said what's good." I shook my head, just walking out.

I got to Siriya's house and changed. When I got dressed I walked into her room. Her and Jordan were cuddling. He picked up his phone and began typing, I thought nothing of it at first.

"You need me to come with you today?" Siriya asked.

"No. I'm good. I'll call you when I'm done." I told her.

"No. I'm coming with you." She insisted. She got up and walked into her closet. I sighed. I waited there for her to get dressed.

"Kaia!" I heard someone yelling from the hallway.

"In here!" Jordan called back. I looked at him like he was crazy until Josiah walked in.

"Where were you?" Josiah asked. "What's going on? You already been disappearing once a week for the last couple weeks. Then you started to disappear for hours everyday for the last week. Now all of a sudden you disappear for a whole day? That shit not gone fly." Josiah said.

I could tell he was genuinely concerned, but I knew he wouldn't like the answers to his questions. I wasn't sure how to put it, so I went simple with it.

"Kaden's home." I announced. Jordan and Josiah both froze and glared at me.

"Everything we did! You still with that nigga?" Jordan asked.

"He loves me. He apologized, and he meant it. He changed. That's all that matters." I said.

"You must be fucking stupid!" Josiah yelled in my face. I looked down at my shoes.

"He changed Josiah. It may be hard, but you have to accept it." I said.

"I can't just accept that the girl I'm in love with is in love with a psychopathic, abusive asshole."

"We all have hard pills to swallow. I have to accept the fact that I have to burry my mom and my brother at the same time. Do you see me yelling at the pharmacist or at the jail's warden? No...  Fuck out my face."

I pushed past him and walked out to my car. I waited for Siriya to come. She sat in the passenger seat and I pulled out.

"Why Josiah and Jordan in there pissed all the way off. What's going on?" She asked. I sighed.

"There's something I've been meaning to tell you..."