CHAPTER 8

"Y/N WAIT!" Marinette called out before you walked out the classroom.

    You turn back, confused, but you still smile.

    "Yes?" You ask kindly.

    "Umm, well... you know a lot about Adrien due to the fact that he's your best friend and all. So, I was wondering if you could tell me how to befriend him without getting all... nervous, y'know?"

YOUR POV

    "Oh okay! Come to my house!" I laugh cheerfully.

    "YAY!!!...I mean, thank you?!"

    "No problemo." I reply.

    That's right! I'm going to help her become Adrien's friend!

But not more than that.

I actually feel useful for once.

    Later, when I got home with Marinette, we had a brief talk about Adrien.

I laid out a couple of.. steps.. that I thought could be of some use to her. Then again, I'm not really a shy person, so proceed with caution.

    Step 1 was as follows: Be confident. Always believe in yourself, and never get tongue tied. That's embarrassing. Seriously.

    Step 2: Don't wait for him to approach you, get to know him first. This is the 21st century, speak your truth!

    Step 3: Don't ever talk about his mother. If you do, that might cause some.. collateral damage.

    Step 4: Don't be romantic. Not ever. That's.. weird.

    Step 5: Never get stuck in the friend zone. I currently reside there and it is not a pretty place!

Ignore that last step, I didn't really tell her that.

    Even so, I guess it worked because she actually called him. Although it went... well... like this—

"A-Adrien... um... hi? Um... *accidentally hangs up*".

And that's the start of a good friendship? Not really.

Ok, now I feel useless.

    Marinette then got a call from her mom, calling her to go home. It was only 3:00. Wow. Only about a half hour. She grabbed her stuff, but her small pink bag came tumbling down when she grabbed it with her pinky. Out rolled a weird looking creature. It was red with a big black dot on its head.  Marinette stuffed it back in her bag, her face as red as that creature. It kind of looked like that crap creature Adrien calls Plagg.... WAIT! IS MARINETTE LADYBUG? HOLY SH—! But I won't bombard her. It isn't my business anyway.

She ran out the house without saying goodbye. Left me pissed. And confused. #sad

3rd person POV

    As Marinette walked out of Y/N's house, Adrien walked in. He stopped when he heard a very intriguing conversation between Y/N's parents. So he hid behind the wall and listened on to the conversation.

    "I don't want our daughter behind closed doors with her friend Adrien." Y/N's mother complained. Adrien furrowed his eyebrows at her comment. What could we possibly do in there anyway?

    "Laura, are you saying you don't trust our daughter?" Y/N's father replied, getting very defensive.

    "Well, if you put it that way, no... I don't trust her. Who knows what girls like her do at this age?" She responded, a mocking tone uttered with each word.

    "What type of mother are you? Honestly, Adrien wouldn't think of her that way. He's probably into girls like the Mayor's bratty daughter." He whisper-shouted, his anger dripping off every word that rolled off his tongue.

    WHAT? I don't even like Chloe. Adrien thought.

    "ARE YOU SAYING THAT SHE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH? THAT'S IT! I WANT A DIVORCE!" Laura yelled. Luckily, Y/N's music was so loud, she couldn't hear a thing.

    "I GET CUSTODY!!!" They yelled in unison.

    Adrien was now frightened. He stayed back, trying to camouflage.

    "Hah! You would've thought. We'll fight for her custody. THROUGH LAW. But we need a good friend for Y/N by her side." Y/N's mother suggested. "How about Adrien?"

    Just then, Adrien "walked in".

    "Perfect." Y/N's father replied, angry. Still, he thought it was a good idea. But he only showed negative emotions...

    And with that, he stormed out of the house.

??? POV

    Yes....

    Negative emotions. He will be a perfect plan to get the miraculous of Cat Noir and Ladybug. Fly devilish akuma. FLY!

    "Father Dangerous, I am Hawk Moth. I will grant you the power of getting custody of your beloved Y/N! But this proposition comes with a price. I need you to get me the miraculous of Cat Noir and Ladybug."

    "Yes Hawk Moth. I will do whatever you say, leader."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~