3

Patryk's P.o.v/

I awaited outside of Tord's office doors for Paul. After some time later he came out.

"Is he all right?"

"He just had a nightmare.."

"Is it the same one..."

"It changed.." Paul said as he held my hand, walking to our room.

"What do you mean changed?" I said as we entered our room. Paul looked at me and sat down on the bed, signaling me to sit next to him. I was confused at first but I did as I was told.

"You know how his nightmares always ends right? How it's just the song and him crying. The dream changed when he had the bear with him. And this time, Thomas did appear, and was killed by Tord himself." Paul explained.

I looked at him," Poor guy.. If I had nightmares like that I'll never forgive myself for such thoughts.."

"But I know you'll never kill me." Paul smiled, kissing my hand. I chuckled,

" Yeah. I would never, even if I was told to."

Paul gave me a soft look," Come on, let's go see if Tom's back. He should by now." He intertwined his fingers with mine and we went to the front of the base.

When we made it there we saw Tom. Paul ran and examined him."What happened?!"

I ran to them and I saw what Paul was worried about. Tom was injured, his arm was bleeding and his clothes were a bit mangled.

"I-Im fine.. they just misunderstood that I was sending a message.." Tom said, giving a faint smile. Paul dragged Tom to the medical shed.

"We can not let Red Leader see you like this..." Paul said to me.

"Why would he care? He never cares if I'm injured or not, he'll probably laugh at me-"

Paul stopped and faced Tom with an angry stare,"Listen to me. Don't ever think like that..."

Tom stared at Paul, gaining a bit of fear as we continued to the medical shed. Once there, Paul went to work on Tom's arm." Its not too damaged so it'll be fine."

"Good. At least Red Leader wouldn't have to worry about replacing it..."

Tom just stared at his patched up arm,"Why would he worry, I'm no different from the others. If a soilder was injured he would just replace him."

Paul growled and pushed him out of the shed," Go to you're room!"

"You're not my dad! You have no responsibility twords me!"

"I do not care you need rest!" Paul hissed, pushing Tom back in the base. He did not leave Tom's side till we made it to his private quarters. Once Tom closed the door on us I smiled at Paul when he looked at me.

"What?"

"Remember the old days when we had to take care of Tord?" I said holding in a bit of laughter.

Paul snickered and shoved me playfully," Yeah I rather not. Such experience with that kid, I would not like to relive that."

Paul and I walked in the cafeteria to get something to eat. With our trays full we sat with a group of soldiers. I normally don't pay attention to what they were saying. Their stories never Intrest me. But something seemed to catch me

"How do you think second in command came to this army?"

"I don't know but I do not think he belongs here. Neither the other two. In my opinion, Thomas should be a secretary, he is treated that way anyway. The other two haven't done anything important to this army."