Chapter Four

Demi's POV

---

I couldn't remember how last night ended, but I woke up on the long seat of the sectional sofa; Luna laid on top of me with several strands of her hair in my mouth as I didn't have time to braid it. Opening my eyes was difficult as the sleep crusted my lids together which I successfully scraped away. The motion of rubbing my eyes caused Luna to stir and eventually wake up. 

"Mama?" I heard Luna whisper. 

"Hmm?" I lazily replied. 

"Your eyes...they look puffy." She rested her head back onto my chest. 

"I know baby, but I'll be okay" I assured; I looked ahead of me and the time was 8:17am. "Shit!" I yelled and shot up instantaneously, luckily catching Luna in time before she fell on the floor. 

"What..." She asked completely confused. 

"You're going to be late for school, we need to get ready now!" I low key panicked but kept my exterior calm for her sake. 

"But mama you're not okay, last night-" she began. 

"Baby I know it's going to be hard for you but you have to be my strong little warrior and don't tell anyone what happened; what happens at home stays at home got it?" I asked calmly. 

My baby did not speak but nod. 

"Now...I want you to go brush your teeth, morning routine. Can you do that for mummy?"

She nodded nonchalantly

 "Then I'll leave an outfit on the bed, then make breakfast."

"Yes mummy!" Her smile replicated Wilmer's, causing my heart to ache and melt at the same time. 

 •  •  •

After popping on my sunglasses, I took Luna out of the car; she held my hand tightly and we walked to the front office. 

"Mrs Valderrama glad you could make it on time." the office ladies voice was fuelled with sarcasm. 

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't feeling very well and my husband had to leave early for work." I lied. 

Her robotic voice emerged, "sign here, then she can go to class."   

"Be good monkey, I'll come back later to pick you up and we can go for ice cream, how does that sound?" I compromised with Luna.

"...Okay." 

I turned around and made my way to the exit; before I could shut the door, tiny arms grasped onto my thigh and I saw my daughter clinging and looking up at me. 

"What's wrong baby, you need to get to class, you're already late." Today was one of those days where I did not want to be left alone. 

"I didn't get to tell you I love you." She smiled innocently.

I bent down, "I love you too monkey."

After kissing her on the cheek, she ran to her classroom. 

•  •  •   

Luna's POV 

--- 

I couldn't believe mummy and daddy were fighting, they were so loud and scary I didn't know what to do; two weeks ago the police came to coach us how to call 911 and when to call them based on the situation. I almost did it.  

Ms Halee pulled me out of my trance and yelled out my name several times; I blushed in embarrassment as everyone stared at me, waiting for me to respond.