fifteen

I lie awake in my comfy, white, duvet. The bright light shines through my window, landing on the carpeted floors of my bedroom. I barely slept last night. I had dried tears on my cheeks. My chest hurt. I felt a little broken.

Being this sad, I had no choice to get up and get ready for school. Honestly, I'm a bit embarrassed to go and face everyone, even through they don't know what what happened, they'll surely ask.

I lazily get on my outfit and shoes, grabbing my backpack and lightly jogging downstairs. Deciding I wasn't hungry for breakfast, which I had apologized Henry for, but luckily my dad was home to eat it, I use the spare time I had until school started to finish up the homework in which I was supposed to be doing with Ethan, but you know, ended up not. I seat myself at the marbled table, writing down what I think the answers are.

I noticed my dad not wearing work clothes for once. My curiosity growing, I decided to ask him why. "I got the day off. I've got some big news for you, but I think it should wait for until after you arrive back from school," I just reply with a nod, and finish up my homework.

______

I grip onto the strap of my black backpack once entering the school. Everything was for some reason louder then it needed to be. It made my head ache, and I hated it.

I enter my home room, and decided to just hang out in there for passing time. It was much more quiet, and the only people in here were some boys who were all, I think, playing a game together on their separate phones, and a girl who was writing in a black leather journal.

I sit down in my desk, pulling out my phone to occupy time. I was scrolling through my Instagram, occasionally liking pictures here and there, checking the likes and comments on my photos, and watching funny videos.

A text notification pops up at the top of my screen, surprising me, because I normally don't get very much texts.

I click on it and read it through closely.

From: 42738
Hey! Carter Morris has been tagged in a status on the 'After School' app! Check out what it says! (Link)

((If you don't know what the after school app is, it's basically an app in which you can post status' anonymously, so no one can know who you are. And it's only your school too. So everyone you see posting is from your school, you just don't know who they are))

I hesitantly click the link, leading me to the After School app to see the status.

"Carter M. Is really beautiful, and I like her a lot. I just don't know how to tell her"
posted by anonymous

[report]                           ♡ like  ✎ comment

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, wondering who it could have been. If you think I'm good looking, I'd surely like to know.

The bell rings indicating that everyone should report to their homerooms so school could start.

_____

School was over, and I had managed to avoid Ethan the whole day. I did pass by him once or twice, but I didn't make eye contact, nor did I acknowledge the fact that he'd been there, only because I had been embarrassed.

I really do hope he still considers us at least friends, because I don't know what I'd do without him in my life. Wether it's him as a friend or something more.