One: A Bad Day To A Good Day

Start from the beginning

We reached my dad's office and I took a deep breath before opening the door. My dad slowly looked up, before his eyes suddenly widened.

"Good evening boss, is everything okay?" My dad asked, my eyes now also wide.

Boss.

"Ah, fuck." I winced awkwardly.

My dad's head shot at me, shock all over his face.

"Lukas, what did you do?" My dad asked sternly, practically glaring into my soul.

"Your son spilt hot chocolate all over me." Dad's boss said before I could. Dad shot a glare at me again.

"I'm so sorry sir. Allow me to-"

"It's quite alright, Mike. Do you mind if I handle this?" Asked dad's boss.

"Not at all." Dad responded, settling down.

Thanks dad, I always knew I could count on you to help me.

I'm gonna die. He's gonna kill me. Or he's going to bury me, alive.

"Come on, kid." Dad's boss ordered, so I followed him down the corridor.

Kid? You're about two years older than me, four at the most? Of course, I didn't say that out loud, I'm probably already at the top of his Who To Kill list.

My dad's boss and I went up another floor in the lift after he typed in some code, meaning wherever we were going was obviously important and not easily accessible. Scary. I really was going to die. As we stepped out of the lift, I couldn't believe my eyes. I stood in a penthouse.

The main room was huge, with a wall of large windows, displaying a beautiful view of the city. A white wall split the row of windows, and on the wall was an overly large TV with grey sofas placed around it, a glass coffee table placed in the middle of them.

In the corner of the room, there was a dark brown desk with a comfortable looking chair behind it and a Mac laptop on top of it. In front of the desk were two less comfortable looking chairs, probably for visitors and whatnot. To the right of me was a door, which seemed to lead to a kitchen, and from here it looked huge. Then to the left of me was a large staircase. The whole place was clearly oversized.

"Wow." I whispered to myself. The place was truly breathtaking, I'd never seen something so huge and beautiful.

"Sit down in front of my desk." Ordered my dad's boss. I nodded nervously and made my way to one of the uncomfortable looking chairs in front of his desk.

"What's your name?" He asked me.

"Lukas. What's yours?" I instantly face palmed after asking him that out of nerves. He chuckled at me as he walked behind his desk opposite me and slowly undid his tie, a smirk on his lips.

"Mr. Woods to you, buddy." He fake smiled at me.

"Ah, that makes sense, with your company being called like, Woods...something something." I honestly couldn't remember what it was called, and frankly I couldn't care less. The fact that I didn't know seemed to confuse him. After all, this entire building was named after his company, I was just ignorant.