|Chapter Twenty|

Previously in The Way He Lies: Nick finds out that Demi is pregnant, and all secrets are now exposed.

I awoke to the feeling of Nick getting out of bed next to me, my wrists and arms aching from being tied in the same position all night. I'm a messy sleeper, I'm surprised I didn't accidently dislocate something. Although then again, I didn't get a whole lot of sleep.

"Baby..." I spoke as Nick walked over to the dresser, "You were right, I do love you and I'm sorry for the fight we had last night" I lied, watching his face soften as the words left my mouth.

"I knew you would come around" He smiled, pecking me softly on the lips before using his pocket knife to loosen the ropes around my wrist. "I'm sorry if I hurt you... I just never want to lose you"

"You never will lose me" I lied, wrapping my arms around him before smashing my lips onto his, giving him a passionate kiss before falling back onto the bed.
His trust was the key to making this work. He needed to believe that he had me wrapped around his finger.

Nick bit his lip softly while tightening his red tie around his neck and tucking it under the collar of his shirt, "Fuck, the things I'm going to do to you tonight"

Bitch, I'm not going to be here tonight.

"Have a good day at work, baby" I kissed him on the cheek softly before he left our bedroom.

I waited patiently to hear the front door lock and the car pull out of the driveway.
As soon as I was sure he had left for work, it was as if my entire body had gone into survival mode.

I pulled the black suitcase out from under our king size bed, placing it onto our bed and throwing open the cover.
I wasn't even precise and calculated in what I took, I didn't care if he knew I had left as soon as he got home, I would be far gone by then.
I threw everything into the suitcase. Pulling out all of my outfits from the wardrobe and all of my underwear from the dresser, I shoved it all into the bag.

Taking the spare key, I unlocked the safe hidden under our bed and cleared it out. I took the emergency credit card which was in my name, and the $5,000 cash which was sitting there. It was in case of emergencies, but this was an emergency for me. This was my one chance to get out of here.

I sat down on the bed for a moment as I begun to feel nauseous and light headed. I was grateful that I hadn't gotten bad morning sickness through my pregnancy so far, although it was slightly catching up to me now. Some women never get morning sickness, Christ, some women never even know they're pregnant!
The sickness reminded me of something extremely important.

"Dr. Robins?" I asked into my mobile, "It's Demetria Jonas here, I need your help"

"What can I help you with?"

"I'm moving to a different city, and won't be able to come here for my appointments anymore, I was wondering if you knew any good doctors for me and my baby in Napa?" I asked,

I could hear her smiling through the phone, "I do, I will transfer you over to Dr. Addison Mountgomery, she's the best of the best at what she does" The Doctor explained to me,

I let out a sigh of relief, "Thank you so much!"

"Demi?" Dr. Robins asked, "I'm proud of you for leaving him"

"Thank you" I spoke nervously, hanging up the phone as I rushed to throw it in my handbag.

I was so scared that I was going to forget something. I knew I had everything important though. Keys, phone, money, car, clothes, address, toothbrush, water, snacks for the road. I had everything I needed.
I couldn't believe this was actually happening. It was actually going to happen. I was going to be free.

I'm going to be free.