|Chapter Twelve|

Previously in The Way He Lies: With tensions rising and no where else to go, Demi shows up at Wilmers house, where will this go?

My mind wouldn't stop racing as my back faced Wilmer whilst we lay in the same bed. I was so scared, terrified almost, of what was going to happen when I got home. Not to mention that it was Christmas Eve tomorrow, it's meant to be the most wonderful time of the year; but for me it's just been a downward spiral.

"Can't sleep?" Wilmer asked as his body turned to face mine,

I ran my fingers through my hair softly, "My mind never fails to keep me up"

"What's on your mind?"

I sighed, "Everything"

"You can talk to me"

"It's weird having someone to talk to, I can't talk to Nick"

"He won't listen?" Wilmer asked,

"He gets angry, he loves me but I don't think he likes me very much"

"Demi, does he hurt you?"

My heart stopped, "I think you know the answer to that"

"Fucking scum" The man said through his gritted teeth,

"You can't tell anyone"

"What? You can't live like that, Demi!"

I shook my head, "I love him, and he loves me"

"He's your abuser, not your lover" He told me, his dark eyes looking into mine as the tears streaming down my cheeks revealed the purple marks staining my skin.

I shook my head, "He loves me, and I love him... He hurts me because I do stuff wrong" I explained,

"Demetria, you're not doing a thing wrong"

"I must be, there's no other reason"

"He's a psychopath"

"He's my husband..."

"He doesn't deserve to be" Wilmer shook his head, "He doesn't deserve anything to do with you"

..

Using my keys, I unlocked the front door as quietly as possible. I wasn't sure if I was going to stay here tonight, I just wanted to get a spare change of clothes just in case. Nick should still be asleep, he's quite a heavy sleeper.

"Shit" I whispered in a shout as a stubbed my toe on the dining room chair.

Making my way upstairs, I heard a familiar giggle coming from our bedroom, but it most definitley was not Nick's voice, it was one of a female.
Instantly my heart dropped to the pits of my stomach, it felt like I had just been hit by a truck and it was just dragging me down a street with no end. The noises continued from our bedroom, moans, chuckles... I didn't want to hear it but I couldn't turn away.

"What the fuck, Nick!" I snapped as I slammed open the bedroom door only to see a dark skinned girl spread out on the bed and Nick behind her... I think you get the picture. It wasn't just any girl laying in my bed, taking the literal dick which I was married to, it was Kehlani.

"Demetria, you're not meant to be home..."

"And you're not meant to be fucking other women but we all do shit we're not meant to I guess" I spat, storming over and clearing out my wardrobe as the two quickly covered themselves with the bed sheets.

Nick chuckled, "So you're telling me that you didn't just spend the night at your boss' house?"

My heart stopped at the mention of my boss, he knew. "I haven't been sleeping with him!" I snapped,

"Bullshit, you fucking whore" The man spat with disgust filling his voice,

I shoved my belongings into my duffle bag as quickly as I could, "I'll get you the divorce papers, cunt"

"You're not going anywhere!"

"I'm leaving" Kehlani piped up, Nick and I both turned our heads to look at the woman, the bed sheets covering her otherwise bare body as she picked up her clothes from the floor.
As she came closer to me, I couldn't help myself, I was so fucking angry. My fist collided with her cheek bone as she stumbled back slightly in shock,

"Get the fuck out of my house, and stay the fuck away from my husband"

"Demetria, come back here!" Nick snapped as I headed into the bathroom, "Stop packing away stuff, you're not going anywhere, this doesn't change anything!"

I chuckled at how stupid he sounded, at how stupid he must have thought I was, "You abuse me, you hit me, you scream at me and you yell at me, and now you fucking cheat on me? I'm getting away while I have the balls to!" I exclaimed.

Pain.

Pain was all that I could feel in that moment. Looking up at Nick, nothing but a pair of briefs covering his lower region as he towered over me.

"Demetria, are you okay?" My husband asked, fear and worry in his eyes as I tried to register what had happened to me.

All I was sure of at that moment, I could die if I stayed here any longer.

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS! HERES A GOOD BUT BAD UPDATE FOR YALL!!!!!!

I hope you all have a fantabulous Christmas. What would you like to see happen with Nick, what would you like to see happen with Wilmer and Demi?