Chapter Sixteen -- TWENTY-FOUR HOURS AGO 5:58 AM

Start from the beginning

    The pain wasn't as bad as before. It was almost like I was becoming immune to it. Maybe I felt this way because I knew it was all going to end soon and I shouldn't dwell on the pain that nowhere compares to the sweet happiness there is to come.

    "God, I don't want this," I spoke aloud without realizing it. The sound of my voice made me jump. "What did I do? Did I do something wrong?"

    Suddenly, all the guilt I've felt for knowing this had to be because of myself, was washed away. Was that God?

    "I'm sorry for everything I've done wrong in life. If I didn't serve you enough or I didn't do exactly what I was suppose to. I am sorry and hope you will forgive me."

    I felt comforted and blessed with this extraordinary happiness. Then, I remember where I was, and the sadness took over once again.

    "I don't want to die," I admitted to both myself and God. "I want to live another day. I want to see Tyler again. I want to get married to him and have kids with him. I want to grow old with him as we watch our own kids grow up. I want a life with my family."

    I didn't realize until then I was crying and smiling. Smiling at the future and crying because I knew it wasn't going to happen.

    Clap. Clap. Clap.

    I looked up and closed my eyes. Please tell me he didn't hear that.

    "What a lovely conversation you had with who now? God?" Carson laughed at even the thought. "Pleading for your lousy life with someone who doesn't exist?"

    Before I knew what I was doing, I started to defend both myself and Him. "He does."

    "I'm sorry, darling, but he doesn't," he replied, smirking.

    Anger over powered my every thought, and maybe this was me wanting my last bit of life to be something I'm proud of or something, but I didn't care. Whatever I was doing I was proud of it.

    "I don't care whatsoever what you think. I believe He is and that's all that matters. Because while you're burning in hell, I'll be having a cool glass of lemonade with Him in heaven."

    The words seemed to offend him. He had hurt written all over his face but was quickly replaced with a look of death in his eyes.

    "I can always make that 'cool drink of lemonade' sooner than later," he threatened, mocking me. I almost shrugged, but I wanted my death to be quick and easy. If I acted on anything else he said, he would make sure it was the most painful experience in my life.

    "That's what I thought," he smirked, full of himself. "Now, on to why I came in here besides to mock your naïve way of thinking. I'm going to have you call Sam and tell her how much you want to go home and that you don't want to die. No tricks. No trying to be tough. I will snap your neck just as quick as snapping my fingers. Got it?"

    I nodded quickly, knowing he would.

    He dialed the number and put it down on the floor on speaker. Watching me as it rang, he stood there in his intimidating way as always.

    "H-hello?" Sammie's voice cut into the air like a knife. "Hello?"

    He took a step towards me and I forced myself to say something. I just want to tell her, but he said what I'm suppose to say already.

    "Sammie?" I asked in a scratchy voice. It didn't even sound like me.

    "Danielle? Sweetie, don't worry, okay! I promise you'll be okay!" she lied. Her voice was filled with false hope. I had to tell her. I couldn't let him get away with such things.

    "I'm going to die," I forced out, my voice cracking. My main goal was to make it without crying; so that it isn't harder on her.

    "El, don't say that. That isn't true."

    Carson leaned against the wall, arms crossed over his chest with a smirk on his face, feeling satisfied with the conversation.

    It was the perfect time. I needed to do it now.

    "I am. I am, though," I cried out, but when she tried to stop me again, I spat it all out, knowing he will be enraged. "No, Sammie, I am going to die. I saw their faces! They'll kill me even if you destroy it! It's Carson Dusk!"

    Once he realized what I was saying he was over to the phone and had the call ended before I could even blink. His eyes were blazing as he threw daggers at me with them. I was in for it.

    I was happy, though. No one has to die after me. I just hope Samantha got the name.

___________________

Sorry, I had to get pizza for my family for Super Bowl.

What do you think? Comment!

Shout-outs: cheesefists (thank you so much for all the support and feedback! You are truly amazing!), harrenstyles, MaddyS3115, and unicorn_ways