Chapter Four -- SIX DAYS AGO 10:43 AM

Danielle's P.O.V.

     Coming to was the worst part; was what to follow really worth it?

     I had opened my eyes as if someone shot a gun, like waking up from a nightmare. Darkness. Darkness was all I could see. After opening my eyes, the only thing I could see to notice was the sickening taste in my mouth. I started to gag as I forced myself to turn over, pain erupting throughout my body. It took everything in me not to pass out.

     Suspecting to become sick, I spat, but nothing came up. I started to sob, terrified of what was going to happen. My whole body shook as I tried to calm down and figure out what to do.

     I rubbed my hand against the floor beneath me to try in hope of maybe figuring out what type of room I'm in. It was dirty, hard, and cold, almost freezing, like concrete.

     The air smelled damp and moldy, causing me to cringe. Perhaps I was in a basement? Of course this was going to happen to me.

     I sat back down on my bottom and brought my legs to my chest. A noise loud enough to temporarily disable your hearing, caused me to cover my ears. That was when I started to feel a weight on my ankle.

     Hopeless and terrified, I allowed my fingers to run across the restraint as tears rimmed my eyes, wondering why this was happening to me.

     I started to think about all the girls in the newspaper, the ones Sammie would talk about in a hushed tone to Dad. She had told him, "They were raped and murdered; what kind of monster can do that to a teen girl?" Was that going to happen to me?

     After what seemed like hours of sitting there rubbing my sore arm that they injected that stuff in, the door creaked open. Goosebumps rose on my arms and legs as I shuttered. Blinded by the light, I made myself move my arm to cover my burning eyes. The lights flickered for a few seconds but eventually stayed on brightly.

     Three pairs of black shoes appeared in front of me. That's all I would allow myself to see. I don't really know why the thought of looking at them frightened me so much. Maybe it was the image of their eyes being lethal.

     "Good morning, beautiful," one of the men greeted, smugly.

     As he stepped closer, I moved back. Eventually, my back hit the wall, and there was nothing else I could do to distance myself from him.

     "Ain't Tyler lucky?" he chuckled.

     I couldn't stop myself from looking up, confused with what the man was implying. He was in all black from head to toe -- all three of them were. The only thing that exposed them was the opening showing their eyes.

     The man who had made the comment was the closest to me, and I could see his eyes raking my body. He knelt down next to me, so close I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

     My heart and breathing rates increased rapidly. I had to close my eyes to calm myself.

     "Do you think he would mind if I borrowed his play-thing?"

     Anger started to build and build inside me until all I could see was white. I don't know how or even why I did what I did, but it happened, and I blame my little ability to control myself.

     As the three men guffawed loudly about the vile comment, I spat. Of course, I regretted it, but I knew I couldn't change what I did. What would've happened if I didn't act so impulsively?

     My saliva landed right on his eye. Everything went quiet; it was an ear-deafening silence. Then, the sound of flesh-on-flesh contact echoed throughout the room, followed by a small cry that left my lips without permission -- the cry would only show the weakness I had for them.