Chapter 2

Sarah quickly got off the taxi that dropped her in front of Lintel's clothing company. She climbed the stairs and entered the building. Her hair that had been pinned on top of her head was now bouncing around her shoulders as she took each step. She took the elevator to the 22nd floor.

She had hardly gotten out of the elevator when a man in his middle twenties, obviously her age walked towards her

"Ms. Greene" he extended his hands to her

Sarah shook him and said

"Yes...am Ms. Greene"

"Follow me please, am taking you to your office" the man said smiling as he began walking with sarah behind him "By the way, I am Jack Chris, I work for Ale....I mean Mr. Smith and am like his right hand man....we go well"

"Oh..." Sarah said, he was probably employed after she ran away from Smith. He didn't know her and she didn't know him. It was best for her that only less people know about her and Alex history together. But if this Jack Chris was Alex's right hand man....just how close are the two of them together?

Jack took her to a room that was well decorated and ventilated, she could see the whole view from inside and she smiled. It was really beautiful. She was so going to love this office. She dropped her bag on the table and faced Jack

"Thank you Mr. Chris"

"You're welcome" he said and was about leaving but he stopped, faced her and said "lunch break is by one"

Sarah nodded an watched Jack leave. She dropped down lazily on her chair and pulled off her heels. She ran a hand through her neatly packed hair and sighed. She was absouletely clueless as to what to do, she had no idea where to start from. She began checking the documents on the table and brought out a pen and a book. She was reading the records and putting them down in her own jotter.

Sarah concluded that the former secretary had made a complete mess of things and she had a lot of pile of records to arrange and sort out. All of which she was yet to understand anything about.

It was then that she noticed the other office adjacent hers. She could clearly see whatever was going on in the office and vice versal. She stood up from her chair and walked forward to get a better view. It was the office she was interviewed from the day before. Alex's office and she saw him. His massive body was backed at her. He was receiving a call and Sarah could swear she was absouletely turned on by the way he carried himself. He ran a hand through his hair and faced his desk. He punched his fist on the desk which made Sarah jolt, she wasn't expecting him to do that. He was clearly angry and Sarah could tell he was incredibly handsome also.

His head was raised and his eyes met Sarah's. She shivered and turned immediately, she walked fast away from his eyes. She slapped herself continuously and warned herself

"Stop Sarah...stop...stop stop"

She saw Alex when he came out of his office and left. She was curious and began wondering where he was going. He didn't even acknowledge her or anything. She frowned

She came out of her hiding and walked towards her chair. Her heels making a sound as they came into contact with the tied floor.

She shouldn't be concerned about Alex Smith anymore. She was done past caring, done past loving and she hoped her part and Alex's doesn't tangle.

*                      *                        *
Damn! He had planned on travelling next week with his new secretary but now things wouldn't go as he had planned. Having gotten to his office in not less than twenty minutes ago, he had received a call from Jack telling him that the board of directors in Amsterdam had requested an audience with him and he had known the reason all too well. He was being plat intent in buying the Lintel clothing company in order to get her into his grasp again.

Not less than two months ago, he had received an anonymous message telling him about the location of Sarah Greene and her interest in pursuing a job at Lintel's clothing. Immediately, he had informed Jack to hack into the account, trace the anonymous person and also if the information was true. jack had done that and had given him the facts except that the anonymous person wasn't really interested in being found but Jack had promised him he would find the person.

He had extracted a large sum of money to purchase the company and all its workers and now he is the sole owner of lintel clothing and now his board of directors had requested a meeting with him

He had informed Jack to make Sarah an office directly opposite his and it had happened. A month....a month away from her to see her settle in and he would come back, to taunt and have his revenge on her. No matter what that deliciously chocolate brown eyes of hers did to him. He got down from his car and made it towards his private jet.

*                      *                          *
Sarah combed her long brown hair, she'd had a very stress filled day with pilling up records and documents, making her own analysis and her own records. It seemed like Alex Smith had much he had to account for. She wore her favourite pink nightie and was strapping it when Aliona bounced into her room. Her dark hair had been neatly arranged by Bridget and her pyjamas was lovely. It was a new set that she had bought for her.

"Mama..." Aliona said climbing on her bed.

Sarah joined her daughter, Aliona kissed her mother's cheeks

"Mama....in school today, everyone papa came to the game with them. Nanny Bridget also came but she ain't my papa"

Sarah stilled, she knew the next question Aliona was going to ask

"Where's my Papa...Mama?" The little girl asked

Sarah hugged her daughter, she was starting to notice that Aliona had been continuously asking for her father.

"Your Papa...Ali, please don't ask me about him anymore...please, would you do me that favour?" Sarah asked

Aliona saw her mothers sad face and the tone she used to answer her

"Okay Mama... I won't ask anymore"

"Thank you sweetie..now would you go to sleep?" Sarah asked

Aliona nodded and hugged her mother as she slept on Sarah's chest. Sarah made Aliona sleep deeply before she laid her down on her bed and slept with her.

Don't forget to invite your friends and also check out my other stories...
When love abides
When you are mine

Like
Follow
Vote
Share
Comment

N.B~ your comments are highly valuable