Chapter 31

"What happened?? You called me? Was he crying??" I asked patting Adeel's head softly.

"When he'll cry then only you'll come to attend him??" He spoke rudely.

"What is wrong?? I was coming only..." I said standing up.

"Yeah, I can see that very well" he said rummaging through drawers, Almirah.

"What are you searching?? Tell me, I'll find it for you" I said

"Can't find a single thing also, everything is out of place. Hareem use to keep everything systematically." He said closing the drawers loudly. Even Adeel started crying.

"What the hell is your problem?? Everything is in it's place only. If your searching for your things, then all your things are in Hareem's room. Because, as it is you were not going to stay in this room, so I thought why not give your luggage also some space?? And yes, I'm not Hareem, I'm not your affectionate wife.

I'm Hanya. Hareem's younger sister who is now married to you, her brother in law which by chance is now my heartless husband." I was poking his chest now. "We both were different...I can't help with that. If you're still in your dreamland, where Hareem does all your work then Hello!!" I snapped my fingers in front of his face

"Wake up, Good morning, welcome back to reality, now I'm here...and I'm not Hareem" I completed my rant. I was now breathing hard.

His jaw was clenched and he roughly caught my right hand and bended. I tried to hold back my scream, so my parents don't come to know about our fighting.

"You're hurting..." I whimpered.

"Think before you say" he said and left. I felled down on my knees, I tried hard not to cry but I couldn't control my tears.

The whole time, I was feeling restless. Moreover, I was feeling ashamed of myself. I knew his mood was off, so I should have control my tongue. But even he shouldn't have brought up Hareem in our fight. I know that they both loved each other a lot, but I'm also trying my best to keep up this relation. Nothing works from one side...

I was now standing in my balcony and looked up at the sky. The sun has gone to rest, the moon has already taken it's place as the darkness begins to surround me. I like the night, it hides my flaws, my imperfections. My worries, my thoughts, silently burn into smoke as they wonder through the endless night.

I knew where I had to go, where I'll feel at peace. Since Adeel was sleeping with Mama, I can easily escape. I changed into my jeans, didn't bothered to change my top, wrapped a stole on my head, wore my sweater, took my wallet and car keys. The old father clock in the corner of the living room chimed, as I descended down. It was around two. I got in the car, hit the gas pedal with full force and soon I was on the road.

The cold breeze blew right through my sweater and I bowed my head to one side, closing lashes weighed down with mascara to keep out the salty sting. I stopped the car and got down.
I could hear the waves lapping like the ticking of a more leisurely clock. I stood and walked over the cool sand to the freezing water, letting it kiss my toes through my bare foot.

The dampness of the sand was making its way through my skinny jeans, I hugged my knees close. My stole suddenly fell loose making my hair fell loose on my face, tousled, tangled. Thank God, there was no one here.

"You still have the habit of coming here??" He sat down beside me as he looked at me. I turned my face and wiped my tears.

"What are you doing here?" I asked looking at him.

"I saw you getting in the car and driving in full speed" he said looking at the sea.

"So you followed me??" I asked