Criminal: Chapter 23

James sighed and paced around the room clutching the paper. He bends down his body in frustration and stood up again quickly clutching the paper. He didn't know whether to strangle the man responsible for this whole mess or run him over with his car. Of course, that would mean his girlfriend would hate him forever. He shook his head and slowly walked to their room. He gently smiled and looked at her. She was in an odd sleeping position with a pillow between her thighs, blanket half-covering her, and one arm over her face and the other dangling down her side of the bed. She always had a funny way of sleeping and it didn't bother him one bit even if she sometimes kicked his legs or hogged the blanket. He wanted to enjoy this peaceful view before his view becomes clouded with trouble.

------
Kendall was typing something on the computer and sighed. "So this is how our job becomes a real pain." Logan sat down with a coffee in his hand. "This is worse than being chased by stupid goons or falling through a roof." Kendall looked at him odd and chuckled. "Only you would say that." He rubbed his chin. "Alright, so what are we gonna do? This whole thing is seriously messed up."
Logan stood up and walked around. "I don't know, telling her would devastate her and she would be disappointed."
"She was already disappointed with her life to begin with. This is just going to break her." Kendall sighed.
-----
The pier was quiet except the sound of waves moving through the water and the creaks of boats tied to the pier. The man smugly walked through the long boardwalk pier, behind him two tall men trailing each step.
"Boys I can take it from here. Look around and if anything make sure to kill without mercy."
They both nodded and stayed planted there. The man kept walking towards more and more till he reached to his destination and saw a man in a white suit casually sitting down drinking tea.
"Ah Richard, finally you came."
"Yes, sir I did." He sat down across from putting his hand on the white tablecloth.
"To what I owe this meeting?"
"We need to get rid of her." He said simply.
"Silly Richard, you really don't know what you're talking about." The man said sipping his tea.
Richard got frustrated and slammed a fist on the table. "I'm tired of playing games! You said I would get their money! You said that family will be gone even if I'm not married to the little slut. I'm part of the family already! I basically own them." He gritted his teeth.
A bulky man came behind him and slammed Richard's face against the table.
The man tsk'd and shook his head gently. He sighed and tilted his head looking at him.
"Richard, Richard...."
Richard struggled for a moment and just stared at him.
"Let's make something clear." He leaned slowly making the chair creak. "You don't get to talk to me that way." His voice rose a little a bit.
"I made you the way you are. I helped you become who you are. I can easily take that way and dump in the river like a sack of garbage you are."  He said threateningly.
A shrill of fear went through Richard's body as he finally understood that this wasn't a man he can order around like his many servants.
"So listen carefully you pathetic waste of space." The man took out a cigar and lit it carefully.
"We are going to find this girl. When we do find this girl, you will wed her and take over her riches properly." The man pulled the cigar out slowly blowing smoke at Richard's face.
"Then we will do what we please with her." His lips slowly turned into a smirk. He lifted his head to let his guard know remove his clutch on him.
Richard pulled himself up and fixed his suit.
"Now, tell me something. Do you have any idea where the girl is?"
"No, she escaped with some stupid asshole. Just ran off without a trace. Till I hired that guy to track her down."
"How did that man who took her look like?"
"I don't know! Tall, he had brown hair and he was bulky. He seemed in his mid twenties." He shrugged.
The man squinted his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows. "Interesting."
"Marcus, what do we do?"
Marcus smirked and stood up. "I think I may know where we can find your girl."

----
"Okay, I can do this." Ashly took a deep breath and lifted the pan high letting the pancake flop in the air and land in the pan.
"Whooo! I did it." She smiled big. Someone burst in the door and it was Monica.
"Hey, what are you-"
"Where's James?" "He's not here. He's with the guys. Why?"
"Okay good." She pulled her down to sit on the chairs.
"What's going on?" Ashly said confused.
Monica sighed. "I don't know if you'll like what I'm going to tell you." She handed her some papers.
Ashly took them and started scanning through the papers only to find something she didn't expect making her drop the spatula.