Criminal: Chapter 15

Narrator POV

James paced around the warehouse where they settled after a lookout on the target. He could feel his blood boil with anger. That little piece of shit was around that place saying the wrong things to her father. Her father. 

"Will you stop pacing? You're giving a bloody headache!" Kendall said harshly. The taller man stopped pacing and gave him the old finger. 

He did a small smirk. "So...I see now why this job is a big problem for you. Your girl is the daughter of the guy we suppose to be stealing." James grunted going over to the wooden chair. Nothing is ever easy being in this type of job. 

James contemplated a moment before leaning over and looking down at the floor. "I don't know what to do about this." He raked his hand through his hair.  "Marcus will have my head if I don't do this job. I can't even risk telling him that I'm stealing from my girlfriend's father."

The dirty blonde friend looked at him. "Why are you so worried? I mean, her dad probably won't even recognize you. All you gotta do is steal his money, his jewels, and everything and be out of the way. You don't have to tell Ashly. Besides, she didn't like her home anyway. She said so herself right? Her parents forced her to get engaged to some psycho crazy rich boy who abused her. She wouldn't care anyway."

James sighed getting up fast that his head spun. "You don't get it! It's still her family I'm stealing from! And I'm lying to her face about all this anyhow!" He punched the wooden table making a crack spread its surroundings. His knuckles turn slight pink with small blood seeping out. Kendall cringed and looked at him. Then it dawned him.

"You're in love. Aren't you?" Kendall said standing up. "Oh my god..."

James stood silent looking down at the cracked desk and rubbing his knuckles.

"I'm not commenting on that." He said walking off. He immediately was assaulted by his friend's loud sing-song voice.

"James's is in loveeeeeeee......!"

James took a deep breath and glared at him. "Are you done with your childish antics? This ain't fuckin kindergarten."

Kendall just laughed putting his hands in his pockets. "Hey asshole, it's okay to fall in love. I mean.." he kicked some broken cement on the dirty floor. "I've been in love..once. It feels amazing.." He looked up with a lost look that almost made James cringe on his rudeness.

He chewed on his lip and looked at his friend. "I know now..how it feels." He said softly. "Never thought I ever have that feeling. And in such a short amount of time. It almost seems impossible and stupid."

Kendall gave him a small chuckle and smiled sincerely but faded into a thin line. "Be careful."

---

Ashly walked out of the apartment for some shopping. She needed air and freedom. She couldn't possibly be cooped inside that apartment all the time. It was starting to annoy her to repeatedly see the same surroundings all the time. However, she did need to disguise herself. She couldn't be known since she was 'taken by force' by her now kidnapper/lover. She bit her lip thinking on the word lover. She did have relations with him, no longer a virgin. The thought made her blush. She felt giddy with joy knowing she had sex with someone she actually loved. 

Love.

She loved him. She actually did happen to fall in love with him. Now, maybe they can actually say it-

A hand clamped over mouth suffocating her all of sudden. A rush of fear came up her spine and her heart started to beat 10 times faster. 

"Time for an arrangement." 

The voice said.