Chapter 9

Chapter 9

“Really?” asked Tristan hopefully.

“I guess so” replied Rebecca.

“What makes you say so?” asked Jaden.

“I met an old friend today” began Rebecca as Giselle grabbed a bottle of water. All of them were seated on the couch.

“Her name is Trisha, she is pregnant but her husband says that the child is not his”

Tristan lost his hopeful look and said, “How is it a case for us? He need s to get a DNA test done!”

“Tristan! Listen to me first!”

“Sorry, continue please”

“So here’s the thing, Trisha and Rob got married about 6 months ago. They were super hapy and returned from their honeymoon about two months ago”

“Wow some honeymoon” said Tristan.

Rebecca rolled her eyes and said, “Rob couldn’t get an off after his wedding so they had a honeymoon later”

“Oh ok”

“Where did they go?” asked Jaden.

“Oh they went to Rinto creek. You know they have all those cute wooden cabins there by the creek in the woods?”

“Yup” said Jaden, “its also notorious for being haunted”

“Exactly” said Giselle speaking up.

“I still don’t know where this is going” said Tristan.

“So Trish said that they were pretty happy even after coming back from there but after a week or so Rob’s behavior changed”

“Changed?” asked Jaden looking interested, “how?”

“Well” said Rebecca becoming a little red in the face, “at night he would be in an awesome mood. He would be very very er passionate?”

“Whoa” guffawed Tristan, “give me details” as Giselle shot him a dirty look.

“Anyhow he would be very passionate there wasn’t rather isn’t a single night that goes by without them making out but in the day he becomes very distant and outright rude!”

“Hmm” said Jaden thoughtfully “Becks did you feel any presence near her?”

“That’s what baffles me! I didn’t feel anything! And yet Trisha looked haggard. Its like her life is being sucked right out of her”

“Do you think she would be willing to let us into her house?” asked Jaden

“Yeah, I told her what we do and right now she is willing to try anything! Rob hit her today!”

“What?” yelled Tristan and Jaden at the same time.

“Yeah but what I don’t understand is that he is not this sort of a man, he was madly in love with her!”

“You had to see her guys!” said Giselle, “I mean I have never seen her before today but she looked terrible!”

“Well there’s only way to find out” said Tristan, “we have to go there”

“You sure she didn’t cheat on her husband?” asked Jaden.

“Yep”

“Alright and what does she plan to tell her husband?”

“I am her friend and I am visiting”

“With three more friends?”

“Yeah well that might be a problem”