chapter 11

Chapter 11:

When I woke up all I could think about was what my mother had said last night, not to mention that Eva's mother called me to see if you were okay after your big fight. I honestly didn't think we had a big fight, but I had to admit, it was pretty dumb getting so mad about one little thing. I decided it was time to make up and get our friendship back to what it used to be, so I got up to get ready for the day.

Making sure the blinds were closed and covering the window, I walked over to my closet and picked out a pair of skinny blue jeans, a salmon color sweatshirt and a pair of beige Converse. I took a quick shower to wake me up and wash the crud off of me. I got dressed surprisingly fast so I blowdried and straightened my hair. Like always, being one not big on makeup I just applied a thin coat of mascara and some clear light pink lip gloss.

I went back to my room, opened the blinds and took a seat on my bed. My mind was still spinning with thoughts. I grabbed my phone from my night table and just looked at it. Should I message them? What will I say? I wanted to make things right between us so I gathered courage and messaged them.

To Eva:

I know we haven't talked in forever and I want to make things right. I have a lot to tell you and Riley.

I sent the same message to Riley hoping at least one of them would respond to me, if they were together that would be even better. Within a minute my phone vibrated and took me from my thoughts.

From Eva:

I don't know what happened but Riley and I both agree that it's time to make up.

So they are together, good. I wanted to have the day to catch up and maybe even go out.

To Eva:

Why don't Riley and you come over and we can go out?

I started thinking about all the possibilities. Would they be mad? Sad? I was the one who kept my distance from them, it was my fault. Staying in my house alone for long probably wouldn't be a great idea, I was so afraid we'd have nothing to talk about. The idea of going out looked better and better. I had a string of ideas in my mind: mini putt, shopping, bowling and even the gym. For some reason bowling stood out, I couldn't remember the last time I went bowling. Of course I wasn't going to say anything until they got here.

From Eva:

We're on our way.

I was relieved that they were coming over and kind of scared.

I got up from my bed and went to the window to see if Jacob was up. Sure enough he was and when he saw me his face lit up. I motioned for him to come over to my room, I wanted him to come bowling with me and the girls, maybe be would be a good mediator if the conversation died or went south. Within seconds Jacob was in front of my window, I laughed at how eager he was.

When I opened my window he almost trampled me to the ground, I couldn't hold in my laughter. Once we regained our postures I turned to face Jacob.

"Why did you want me to come over?" He had a smirk on his face and it annoyed me, it made me think he was thinking something perverted.

"Well you didn't have to, you could've stayed over in your room." I crossed my arms and he laughed at my stubbornness, I smiled lightly.

"Okay I get the point, but seriously what's up?" He sat on my bed and I questioned whether I wanted him to move or not. He was so comfortable in my room and he had only been in it a few times, whereas if I was in his room I'd be afraid to sit down.