I can still remember that last day with her, like it's a video on the TV, playing on repeat right in front of my eyes.

"What do you want to know? What's that one thing you want to learn in this life but will never know?" Elle asked me, giggling as she ran her cold, slender fingers through my hair. Her lips were warm and full in contrast; they trailed themselves down my neck sloppily as we breathed, almost in sync.

I sighed, smiling as I closed my eyes, leaning into her. "What if I want to know multiple things?"

She looked up at me from my slowly bruising neck, her brown eyes glossy and tired. "Then tell me those multiple things."

I pulled her towards me, taking in her scent as I held her against my chest. She smelled like Bombshell perfume from Victoria's Secret, just as she always did. It was the only perfume she ever wore.

I swallowed, tilting my head back as she continued her soft sucking on my neck. She never seemed to stop touching me, which was fine- I could never get enough of her wanting to be close to me. "I want to know the exact location of every star in the universe, why life has to be so confusing sometimes, why sex is so fucking good, what exactly heaven on earth is, and, most of all, how to write a song without a single part of it relating to making love and sad things."

Elle pushed me back on the bed, breathing heavily as she climbed on top of me. Her long, almost white blonde hair fell in my face, but I couldn't care less of the tickling sensation it left on my cheeks. She stared into my eyes as she spoke, her gaze serious and intent.

"If I could answer those questions for you, I would," she spoke, pulling her locks over the left side of her neck. "But I can't. The only answer I can give you is yes, to a question you have yet to ask me, but I know you want to."

I laughed, taking her hair in my hands, adjusting it to where it fell on both sides of her neck again. A heavy, relieved sigh parted from my lips before I spoke. "Will you marry me, Ellizabeth Christine Green?"

She chuckled, leaning forward, placing a lingering kiss on my swollen lips. "What took you so long to ask that, Jackson Dane O'Brien?"

I laughed, shrugging. "I wanted to make sure you'd say yes."

"You know that I'd say yes, you twat," she laughed, running her hands down my pale, slightly hairy chest.

I lightly kissed her shoulder, chuckling as I did so. "I'm also only seventeen years, two weeks, and five days old; my goal was to propose to you when I was at least eighteen, but whatever."

Elle rolled her eyes and smiled, her face glowing with an aura of pure happiness. A happiness I never wanted to see fade.

But we don't always get what we want in life, do we?

"Now come on, my dear, annoying, underage fiancé," she giggled, pecking me on the lips quickly before she grabbed a pillow from the bed, hitting me in the face with it as hard as she could. I glared at her.

"What? I don't feel like getting up," I groaned, curling up into the fetal position and pulling the comforter over me. Elle once told me that lazy was my middle name, and I disagreed. I told her to shut up, but now, I would give my life just to hear her voice again.

She rolled her eyes once more, climbing off of my waist and walking towards the closet. "How about this: if you start getting ready right now, I'll give you a blowjob later..."

I sat up, wiping my eyes as a loud yawn escaped my throat. "OK, I'm down for that, but I still don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to be getting ready for."