I sat down in the blue chairs, praising whoever was thoughtful enough to put matching pillows on them.

Kudos for thinking about your fellow friend's butts.

Steering away from the humorous thought of that genius, I began thinking of excuses and words of defence when Loren would ask me why I was here today. Though I do not doubt my classmates when they say she's as soft as a peach, I knew that the fact that she and a big authority over me was enough to make my gut flutter.

And it was a bad flutter.

I was getting nauseous.

Like really nauseous.

Holding my breath in and counting to twenty, I closed my eyes and collected my zen for the hundredth of time.

This was no big deal, now was it. Just a trio to the principal's office. For the first time, is all. Nothing to fuss about, really. A kid needs to do this for...

I'm running out of inner advices.

The door to the principal Loren's office opened and I stood up, though not clearly knowing why. Maybe I was a bit jumpy.

To be honest, I knew there was no 'maybe', rather more like 'certain'. Because I was nervous as hell, and I couldn't steer away from that fact.

"You be good now, Zack. The janitor did tell me you worked hard, and I think you've learned your lesson."

"Thanks, Principal."

"Off you go now. Study hard."

Awlon came out chuckling, barely pushing me away with his shoulder. I thought he actually didn't notice me, but then his eyes caught mine and I choked.

"Wonder why you of all people are here, princess." He smiled disgustingly, before continuing his path, not looking back once.

I regained the control over my lungs and tried not to freak out.

"After you."

My head jolted up and I met the hazel brown eyes of my principal.

I nodded once.

And off I go to my certain doom.

I went in, the office looking quite friendly and white. The window before me was from roof to floor, looking out the quite proud view Chevelry had to offer. The were mountains and even, if you squinted your eyes, the glimmer of a river was visible.

I sat down on a one seat, leathered and fluffy. I tried relaxing, doing the whole 'Good energy in, bad out,' out thing I saw in one of my many collections of Japanese movies I have in my room.

Principal Loren sat down before me, leaning herself down on the office chair, getting herself comfortable. She seemed as if she was right where she was supposed to be.

She had authority and she showed it, though not in the arrogant way.

Thank God for that, or I would be pissing my pants already.

"So, Avery."

I wasn't surprised she knew my name. Apparently, she memories every face and name at the school. Kudos for that.

I relaxed the slightest.

"Last week you got five detentions."

"Now four." I finished for her, sighing. "And to top that, a trip to you as well."

"What was it this time?"

"I got late."

"Again?"