Chap 24

It's been a couple days after Christmas. I was with the gang we were all heading to Dairy Queen. a grey muscle car was trailing us " HEY GLORIA THAT YOU?" a deep voice said we all turned around It was my friends or gang from Chicago Bull, Martha and Cap but no Ben or Sarah "who are they?" Pony whispered "they're friends don't worry" I replied walking over to the car as they got out "how you been man?" Bull asked leaning on the car door his arm around Marthas waist protectively "Since when did you care?" I smirked he let out a chuckle "got me there" Martha smiled "you two good now?" I asked they both nodded Cap was peering through his long curly  brown hair sending daggers at the Guys. Cap was as young as Ponyboy but he could pass as 17 since he was so tall and grown up looking. " Cap you've gotten so big" I faked cooed slightly stretching to ruffle  his hair he smacked it away " You asking for a broken hand" he pushed his hair out the way. Cap had brown curly hair , thick eyebrows but not to thick , with a pair of grey eyes that always had an icy stare. He looked like he was more of a model then a hood. Cap's name isn't actually Cap it's Cal but when we first met he had a Cap on and he didn't like his name much. "Who are these guys?" Martha said looking the gang up and down making Bull jealous quickly. Martha was a red head with the greenest eyes ever. Bull had deep brown hair with brown eyes. "We're friends " Soda beamed showing his movie star smile. "friends eh?" Bull raised an eyebrow "didn't think anyone else could put up with your shit" Cap said bluntly "Surprised these two even stuck with you when I left" I shot back Cap gave me a dirty look grabbing me by my jacket "You think you're all tough don't you?" His voice laced with venom I looked at him with a monotone expression "Let go of her" Martha and Darry said at the same time they smiled at each other before looking at me and Cap with a serious face "It's fine it not like the kid gonna hit me.." I paused licking my lips Caps eyes glanced down at my lips then looking back up to me "we know why he won't me , Two reasons why he can't" I said calmly shoving Cap of me "and what are they?" Dally smirked clearly entertained "one Cap has always had a thing for me and two he knows what happens when you piss me off" I walked back over to the Gang swinging an arm around Johnny "plus Cap knows he's too young for me" I let out a dry laugh watching as Cap tensed up his eyes were cloudy as if he wasn't sure what emotion he was feeling "So Gloria when you coming back to Chicago" Martha said softly Martha had the best voice it was always soft and gently she was almost like a mother-figure to me and Cap. "I ain't going back" I hoarse looking at the ground "we spend 5 months trying find you and when we do you kick us to the side for your new gang!" Bull shouted "You know why I left. I'm not kicking you guys to the side" I frowned "That's what it looks like Gloria we were no are your family and now you're choosing a bunch of guys over us?" Cap growled "I ain't going back and that's final" I stood my ground I'm not gonna be ruled again "You've changed ya know? What happened to the Gloria we knew" Bull tried making me feel guilty "Bull shut up. You guys only liked me because of my family reputation and because I did what you told me too" I spat my blood was starting to boil at this point. People always telling me I've changed because they don't like it when I stand up for myself "Come on you lot you haven't seen each other in a while" Darry said trying make the situation better "I'm done come on Babe" Bull opened the car door getting into it but Martha just stood there looking at me with her green almond-shaped eyes "Come on baby!" Bull demanded starting the engine "Bull I'm not going drive back now because you're mad" she said softly Bull huffed and drove off leaving Cap and Martha without a way back "Where you all going?" She smiled fixing her jacket "Dairy Queen you wanna come?" Soda asked smiling she nodded.

We all sat in Dairy Queen squeezed into a table because we didn't want anyone sitting alone. Martha Darry Steve And Soda were talking while Dally Pony Cap and Johnny talked well Johnny wasn't saying much he was just eating his burger and nodding when asked something. I was sitting at the end nibbling my fries not feeling hungry now Cap kept looking over to me guess I embarrassed him. "Gloria can we talk" Cap stood walking outside I sighed loudly getting up following Cap. "what you want" I looked at him he was playing with the hem of his sleeve which meant he was nervous "spit it out Cap" He looked at me he looked like he wanted to cry "I missed you so much " his voice was brittle this is when you realised how old Cap was actually he was 14 not 17 as most people thought, he was forced to act older and maturer he never really got to act his age he was always acting older. I signed "Cap I missed you too" I gave a half hearted smiled "look we can talk later when we got to my house and then you can cry cause I know you hate crying in public" I opened my arms for a hug which he gladly took. He was hunched over a little hiding his face in the crook of my neck I hushed him rubbing his back "All better aren't we" I smiled we walked back in "He's really missed you ya know? The gang all been harsher on him since you left saying it was all his fault" Martha whispered I nodded before I left me and Cap got into a fight and I the next I had left everyone thought it was because of him.

The mood had lightened up since then it was getting dark so everyone headed home. Cap, Me , Martha , Johnny and Dally he decided to tag along. Were at mine Martha was going to sleep in the spare room we had that no one went into. I was gonna share with Johnny but Johnny really likes his bed and Cap wanted share with me. Dally tried sharing with Martha but was quickly shot down so he either shared with Johnny or the couch so naturally he chose Johnny. I was getting a set of pyjamas for Cap I always kept spares incase one the guys stayed over "will these do?" I asked holding up a pair of joggers and a grey shirt with Elvis on it "Yea" he smiled me and Martha are the only ones he could act his age around him and Sam they two were similar but everyone kinda of forced Cap to grow up I never understood why. "I need get changed" I said Cap was already stripping "Cap in the bathroom!" I folded my arms he clumsily put the joggers on "but we did this a lot when we were kids " he pouted "Whatever" I grumbled getting into my pyjamas "Want anything?" I asked "don't even think about saying that" I snapped he groaned in response "Can we talk now?" He said quietly I nodded both of us sat on the edge of the bed "Martha told me the Gang being harsh on you since I left" I frowned he bit the inner of his cheek "Look Cap I'm sorry for all the trouble I cause you" I leaned my head on his shoulder "Yea I know.. it's just hard you know? Like I'm always expected to be something I ain't I just want to do my thing without being harassed for it. Like remember how we used dance together well now it's not allowed because it ain't tuff I'm ridiculed for that can't go school either without the gang making remarks about" he sighed.
He went on rambling about how badly treated he gets since I've left when I looked at the clock it was 1:43am "Cap..." I said quietly he hummed in response "you need shower you stink" I gagged he rolled his eyes "Way ruin was the mood" he stood up "well go bath or shower than maybe I'll give you a hug" I threw a pillow at him "can we bath together?" He asked "No" I threw another pillow at him "Can you cut my hair it's too long and you cut hair good" he pleaded giving me puppy eyes that always made me cave "little shit" I grumbled heading into the bathroom and started run the bath "why cant I cut your hair after your bath?" I asked handing him a towel " err because why not cut my hair while I bathe also cause you looove me" he grinned "nice try " I walked out the bathroom laughing "Wow so mean" I heard Cap mumble as he locked the door I heard groaning coming from Johnny's room "Rub harder" Dally voice was heard I burst the door open "By the way I hear you two from down the hall" I smirked as Johnny practically fell off Dally "It wasn't what you were thinking I was just giving Dally a massage" He said quickly pointing to Dally who was looking at me shirtless and laying on his front "What do you mean it's not what you think? Maybe I knew you were giving Dally a massage what were you thinking Johnny?" I smirked as his cheek went red he became flustered "Stop teasing the kid" Dally said defensively "Gloria! " Cap shouted from the bathroom "Fine .. but you two make a great couple" I quickly shut the door as Dally threw a pillow at me I went back into the bathroom "Cap the water is brown" I teased grabbing the scissors out from cabinet "Actually you gonna have get out your too big to face me in the bath" Cap started stand up I handed him the towel "why it's not like you haven't seen me naked?" He said wrapping the towel around him "yea well thats when we were kids and I have guests" I said matter of factly Cap sat on the toilet as I began cutting his hair, curly locks fell onto his shoulders and the floor "Cap stop being a perv" I scolded feeling him stare at my chest "can't help if they in front of me" he smirked I slapped him on the head "Remember you has scissors in their hand" I started cutting his hair again.

Once I was down I unplugged the bath and made Cap rinse his hair. I was sitting in my bedroom at the small oak desk I had with a slightly dirty mirror. I couldn't stop looking at myself looking at all the small scars cuts and bruises I had " you okay?" Caps voice broke me out my thought "yea kid come on time for bed" I jumped into bed with Cap snuggling into me "you're such a big baby" I joked wrapping a curly lock around my finger " Shut up" he quietly said soon we both fell asleep.