8

Mature content?????

Noelle POV

The next few weeks went by rather smoothly. After Jasper took his departure to the basement we haven't talked about it. We just carried on with our lives as though nothing of the sort had happened.

The first 2 weeks after I found out about my step dad I hadn't felt safe enough to go into my little space, despite all of Jasper's pleading.

Today, was not a little space day. So I decided to walk to the park alone to clear my mind. As I walk through the park I can feel the unyielding gazes of the men I pass. I sit down on a bench next to the park fountain and take out the book I brought with me.

+++

As I turn the last page of the book I was reading, I sigh at the ending. I always did love a good romance novel. The cheesy ones to be exact. When I look up from my book I am shocked when I see its night, and the moon and stars are already out. How long had I been reading?

I quickly get up and start making my way home. I have always been scared of the dark and walking home in nothing but, I can't help but wish that Jasper was here to protect me.

Clutching my book to my chest I start walking faster and looking behind me periodically. When I hear footsteps behind me I stop walking and look behind me. Upon seeing nobody I turn forward and shriek when I bump into someone.

"Ahh please don't kill me!" I scream after dropping to the ground and clutching my book, wishing it was a stuffie.

"Sh, I'm not gonna hurt you." A man's voice sounded out and I peeked up. I looked at him curiously and stood up.

"There you go, what is a pretty lady like yourself doing out here this late? Alone, even?" He asked me.

"I went for a walk and when I finished my book I realized it was dark. I was just going home." I answered, trying to keep my shaking voice steady.

The man looked at me for moment and then held out his hand. "I'm Cole. And you are?"

I took his hand and shook it. "Noelle." I whispered back.

"Well Noelle, would it be alright to accompany you home? You never know who is lurking in the shadows." He explained himself.

I nodded my head and started walking forward, Cole right next to me.

The walk home was uneventful and quite awkward. I kept getting the feeling he was watching me and it made me feel awkward. I didn't want anyones eyes on me except daddy's.

When we finally got to my door and murmered a thank you and he grabbed my hand and kissed the top. "Will I be seeing you again, Noelle. It would be a great pleasure." He asked and before I could answer the door swung open, showing Jasper.

I was about to run into his arms when I noticed the icy glare he was aiming at Cole. "I don't think so. She seems to be taken by a very dangerous man." He answered cooly, for me.

Cole stood up quickly and nodded once before scurrying away. I turn from Cole and look back up at Jasper, who was now staring down at me. "Daddy!" I yelled, running over to him and attempting to hug him. Jasper only moved out of the way.