7

I'm apologizing ahead of time for a shit chapter idk where I'm going with this book

+++

Noelle POV

Waking up the next morning I had a terrible feeling in my stomach. Not a sick feeling but a 'something bad' feeling. The feeling you get when you're playing a video game and the game teaches you how to look behind you while you're running or something so you just know something bad is gonna happen but you just don't know when. Kinda the feeling you get when you play slenderman.

That's the feeling I had in my stomach, and I absolutely hated. I get out of bed and walk down the stairs when I notice daddy isn't in bed. I hear pans falling in the kitchen and I quietly walk towards the kitchen.

"D-Daddy..?"

"Yes, darling. Sorry if I woke you but I'm making you some pancakes!" He says with a smile and I excitedly jump up and down, instantly cheering up at the sound of pancakes.

Daddy helped me into my high chair and I wiggled my bum as I watched him put strawberries and whipped cream on my pancake. He placed the plate in front of me and started cutting it in small pieces.

"Do you want me to feed you, or are you gonna be a big girl?"

"I can do it, please!" I cheer happily. Jasper laughs and kisses my flushed cheeks and hands me a pink fork. I start shoveling pancake into my mouth while Daddy and Harry ramble on about business.

"Harry, what day is it?" I hear daddy ask. "Uh-" slight pause "August 7th, sir."

August 7th? Why does that sound familiar? At the realization of why I remember that date my heart drops to my stomach and I drop my fork with a loud clatter as it hits the ground.

Jasper looks at me worried and rushes over to me. I can feel every ounce of little space flow out of me. "Baby, what's wrong? Darling? Please answer me. Baby girl?" I hear Jaspers voice but it sounds like he is a thousand miles away.

Today was the day my step father gets out of jail. Today marks the 10 year anniversary since I watched my step father kill my mom right in front of me. Today is the 10 year anniversary of the day my step father took away the last of my childhood innocence, when he raped me.

Hot tears spilled down my face. "Noelle baby?" Jasper asks, tears down his face as well from panicing. Jasper picks me up and craddles me as I put my head in the crook of his neck.

I was crying so hard that I could barely breath. Jasper sits down on the couch and tries to sit me across from him so he could see me but when he started pulling me away I wrapped my legs around his waist and held on tighter.

While I cried into Jaspers neck he whispered sweet nothings into my ear and made calming circles on my hip bones. My heart felt like it was going to burst at any second and my lungs were burning from the lack of oxygen getting in between my violent sobs.

After fifty minutes of crying I finally started to calm down and I loosened my grip on his neck and relaxed into his lap.

He pulled me away slightly, stopped for a few seconds to make sure I wouldnt start crying again, and then leaned me against the arm of the couch and wiped my tear stained cheeks.

"Shy it's okay, darling. Daddy's here." He cooed softly. When I finally stopped crying I looked up at the deep frown on his handsome face. Smiling faintly he smiled back.

"There you go, now what's wrong?" He asked softly. I took a deep breath and looked up into his eyes, before kissing his sad lips softly.

"My step father is getting out of jail today. He had abused me since I was 4, doing brutal things. He would handcuff me to the bed and-" I choke back a sob at the memories. "-and beat me repeatedly with anything he could get his hands on. He killed my mother right in front of me when I was 9 and right after he raped me. Taking every bit of my childhood away. Until he got arrested a day after when my neighbors called the cops due to the screaming." When I was finished I felt completely numb. I knew what he did was bad, but saying it out loud broke me to the point where I couldn't feel.

I looked up and Jasper had tears falling down his face and he gave me a look of sympathy. Anger flashed across his eyes and his soft face turned into a hard scowl. "I'm gonna fucking kill him." He states before getting up and going into the basement.