s e v e n t e e n

--Edited on the 22/12/17 --

I exhale deeply before deciding that I'll start talking, seeing as I don't think Ryder would want to

"Okay, first and foremost, what the fuck was that?" I simply say, Ryder immediately chuckling. I feel his chest vibrating, as if the laughter has taken over his body.

"If you're referring to the kiss, I don't know either. It just... felt right." Ryder simply says once his laughter dies down. I nod my head agreeing. I mean, It certainly didn't feel wrong, and by the way our bodies reacted, I think it was right.

"I mean, I certainly didn't mind the kiss." I softly say, my voice a few decibels lower than a whisper.

"I noticed, princess. I didn't either, obviously." Ryder says, the nickname sending my body into a frenzy.

"But, I mean, what does this mean for... us?" I mutter. We both go silent, probably awaiting each others answer. Ryder exhales before he answers in a small voice.

"That, princess, is something that only time can tell." He simply says, pulling me closer to him and placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"True. But for the record, I don't want this to be a 'friends-with-benefits' situation." I say, Ryder immediately gasping.

"No, gorgeous. Oh no, I couldn't do that. Not with you anyway, you deserve way better." He says as he leans back, my head immediately snapping in his direction. A sad smile on my face as I look at his face, his lips that are in a small pout and his pale blue eyes, almost as if his emotions affect the colour of his eyes, the intensity of the blue.

"I appreciate that, Ryder. I really do." I say smiling. He immediately pulls me on top of him, his arms encircling my waist as he holds me to his chest. My arms gradually making their way up his chest and around his neck, hearing him mutter something under his breath but it was too low and I couldn't hear what It was.. I just sit there in a total state of relaxation, inhaling his intoxicating scent of mint, feeling his soft hair brush lightly against my ear everytime he moves his head. How can something so confusing feel so right?

"What are we supposed to do? Do we go back out there or do we stay here and cuddle?" I say chuckling. Ryder laughs for a brief second before replying.

"Well, I have to go and get rid of the unconscious people, and then we can cuddle for as long as you want." Ryder says, his face buried in the crook of my neck. He rolls us over so that he's on top. He un-buries his head from my neck and looks at me smirking, causing me to smile and remove my hands from his neck. He stays there for a couple of seconds just staring into my eyes, then his gaze switches to my lips, his gaze lingering there before he sits up and lets out a sigh. I pout my lips, annoyed that he has such an effect on me. Ryder glances over at me and groans, his hand reaching over and interlacing with mine.