f i f t e e n

--Edited on the 19/12/17--

"Okay, so how are we doing this? Are you walking out first and then I can? Maybe find Ryder?" I ask Dylan, my hands instantly becoming clammy due to the rush of anxiety that's flowing through my body

"I'll go out first, then maybe seven seconds later you come down because I saw Ryder standing near the door, I mean I don't know if he'll still be there but if I see him I'll get his attention okay. Stop freaking out Kenzie, you look gorgeous and if he doesn't see you then he must be fucking blind." Dylan says, walking over to me and pulling me into a brief tight hug before pulling away smiling, which reassures me a little bit.

"It's not about him, I just want him to see how good I look. I mean, what if I walk down and he's playing tongue twister with some girl? What the hell do I do?" I say, my heart racing as my mind goes over all the possibilities that could happen.

"Well, then he'd fuck up really bad and I'll punch him, and then I'll get you a shot of vodka and you can get drunk and I'll make sure no dudes try to fuck with you. Don't let him ruin tonight if he decides to be a dickhead. You're allowed to have a good night too, okay. Now shut up, stop freaking out and walk down that staircase like you don't even need him, because you don't." Dylan says, immediately turning around and walking out the door, not even waiting for me to answer. I take a deep breath in and then exhale deeply, trying to calm my nerves. I then give myself a mental pep talk that was something along the lines of "You can do this. You don't need to impress him, You look fucking great and nobody else's opinion matters." and walk out of my room and into the hallway, the sound of loud music and distant chatter echoing throughout the house.

"You got this." I mentally say before walking slowly down the hallway and turning, everyone immediately going silent which is odd. I don't want everyone to think I'm some nervous wreck, so I put on a sly smirk and slowly stalk down the stairs, getting multiple glares from girls who's boyfriend's are staring at me with their jaw dropped, including the boys who have multiple girls stuck to each arm, except for Ryder. As my eyes scan the room looking for the same gorgeous blue eyes, I finally find them. Ryder's leaning against a wall, his eyes never leaving mine as his lips are mimicking mine. He looks incredibly hot. He's sporting a black leather jacket, a white T-shirt that makes his muscles pop, a pair of black ripped jeans and what I'm presuming, a pair of Converses.

As I reach the bottom of the stairs, the glares from girls don't falter. Especially when their boyfriend's immediately swarm me, asking me multiple questions that are along the lines of 'are you single' or 'wanna have a quickie' or 'let me buy you a drink.' I say no to all of them of course, and push them out of the way making a beeline to Ryder who's eyes still haven't left mine. As I near Ryder, I hear numerous people whispering about me, but one that catches my attention is a blonde who literally looks like she's spent thousands of dollars to look as similar to barbie as possible, including the pounds of makeup that she has on, and the clothes that look seven sizes too small. Just as I'm walking by, she not so subtly whispers to her lookalike friend who's standing to her right, "She must be Ryder's new toy." which must be hilarious to her friend who bursts out in a laugh that sounds similar to a witch's cackle which makes my blood boil, but I decide against pouncing on them because I don't wanna cause a scene, or ruin this gorgeous dress.