Chapter 8 - Silent Screams

It's the middle of the night when I woke up to the sound of someone struggling in bed.

"Meto!" I yelled running over the bed where the movement was coming from. I pulled the covers off him to see that a snake had wrapped itself around him. All my nightmares come true, I thought to myself. I pulled with all my might trying to get this big heavy snake off my friend.

Where had it come from, who had sent here, was this some kind of revenge?

"W-what's going on?" MiA rubbed his eyes and sat up in bed until he saw the state we were in.

"Oh God!" he gasped rushing to our side and finally with his help we managed to get the snake off Meto.

"Which stupid idiot thought of the idea of doing this?!" MiA asked pulling Meto into his arms.

"I don't know but whoever it is I want to do this to them..." I said grabbing a knife from the kitchen and stabbing it through the snake's head as it slowly had started to slither towards us again.

"Is he okay?" I asked MiA as I looked down Meto who had just about stopped shaking from fright.

"I think he is just in shock." MiA sighed.

"We should check for bite barks, we wouldn't want him to end up like Koichi." I said and MiA nodded in agreement.

After a search we managed to find no bite marks on Meto which was relief. Though none of managed to get back to sleep for the rest of the night.

Worry had coated over MiA face from everything that had happened and Meto properly couldn't sleep from the fright that it might happen again.

Myself...well I was just too bad about to sleep, first Koichi and then now Meto. They were the trying to take the silent ones away from us, the ones that didn't want to fight back. But no...I won't let them do that whoever they are.

Time passed and I watched the sunrise with the last of my cigarette in my hand. MiA was on the phone to our manager to get in contact with the manager of NIGHTMARE as our minds were set that is was one of them seeking revenge. We got a phone call back twenty minutes later saying that their phone lines had been cut off or weren't in use. We were at a dead end with no clues to go on but that didn't change our thoughts.

Sooner or later we would find out who did this and put a stop to them.

"Should we go and see Koichi? I am sure they will get him checked out the hospital today." MiA asked as he put the phone down from speaking to our manager about this situation we had gotten into. I nodded.

"Yeah you're right, this just get out this place." I muttered putting on a jacket as we all got dressed.

Pretty soon we were on the road to the hospital again, my eyes on the road, MiA kept a close watch on Meto and he just stared off into the distance. As we reached the hospital a shiver ran down my spine, I sure hoped that everything was okay. We made our way to reception and sighed in the visitor book before making our way to Koichi's room.

I quietly walked into the room to see Koichi still asleep in the hospital bed, it was only just past 9 am so I considered that normal. MiA and Meto followed in after me closing the door behind them. The room was quiet peaceful. Our card and flowers still on the bedside table where we had left them the day before. I was just about to take a seat and start my wait for then Koichi would wake up when Meto kept on pointing at water tank that the doctors must have connected to Koichi overnight.

"What's wrong?" I asked looking at Meto as if would be able to answer my question instead just kept kept on pointing that tank over and over again. Then we all saw it at once, there was no water there; instead there was this yellow liquid that was slowly dripping into tube and then into our friend.

My mind panicked the moment I saw it, it could be medicine of some sort but no one word stood out from all; Venom.

We all stood there in shock and horror. How many people were in on his plan to ruin us? Why did they want to do something like this? I-I wish I knew.

I wanted to scream and shout and at least tell one good hearted person in this entire building so that maybe we even had the smallest chance to save our friend.

But no...Nothing came out as I tried to make myself to shout for help; nothing but silent screams as I fell to my knees in despair of what the situation had become.