---Chapter One---

It was an average afternoon in the di Angelo household. Maria and Bianca di Angelo were making lunch for Nico and Hades di Angelo as Hades fervidly watched the football game that was playing on the television, shouting at the screen as if it would have any effect on the game, while Nico glared at him as he tried to reread Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, keyword tried. It was too hard to focus with his dad screaming at the tv. Codsworth, their Mister Handy, levitated around the house, cleaning and tending to Nico and Hades' beverage needs.

They lived in a small blue house at the bottom of a hill, which held a structure surrounded by sharp barbwire fences. Many teens had tried to go up there and see what was behind them, but there were armed guards standing around the perimeters so no one would look or dare to trespass. Even at night. Many people were confused to what was being built behind those fences.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Hades di Angelo huffed in exasperation before getting up from the couch, eyeing his somewhat-content son whose eyes followed the words on the pages of his book. He sighed and opened the door, seeing a man holding a clipboard. The man was wearing a tan suit with a red tie, looking like he was a door-to-door salesman. His features were a little wrinkled, but he had a smile on his crinkly face.

"Hello, how may I help you?" Hades di Angelo asked.

"Hello, sir, sorry to bother you," the man started. "But I'm from Vault-Tec. I'm sure you're well aware of the war going on, and we are looking for volunteers to go into a safe vault, in case if a bomb falls on the area."

"Vault-Tec?"

"Yes, we're offering a safe fallout shelter underground, trying to improve our future," the man grinned, as if he wasn't discussing a grim topic. "Atom bombs are inevitable, unfortunately, but major deaths aren't going to be! So, what do you say? Should we sign you up?"

"Why not?" Hades asked rhetorically, shrugging his tired shoulders. "Is there enough room for my family, as well?"

"Who is your family?" the man inquired, looking down at his clipboard.

"My wife, my son, and my daughter," Hades told him.

"Yes, there is enough room," the man stated. "Should I write you down?"

"Yes, please," Hades said.

"What are your names?"

"I'm Hades di Angelo, spelled H-A-D-E-S, di Angelo spelled D-I-space-A-N-G-E-L-O, my wife is Maria di Angelo, my son is Nico di Angelo, and my daughter is Bianca di Angelo, spelled as they usually are."

He wrote down the information on his clipboard quickly, then asking other details, like endurance. Hades di Angelo responded to the questions accordingly, despite how strange the questions seemed.

"Perfect," the man grinned. "I'm going to run this up to the vault. I hope we don't see you there!"

Hades nodded impatiently and closed the door. Nico looked up, a look of shock at his face, for he was listening to every word.

"Inevitable? We're going to be bombed?!" Nico shouted.

"I hope not, but war is unpredictable," Hades shrugged. He sat down and frowned once he saw the game had ended. "Bombs might be part of it. You know war. War never changes."