Danger In Love: Broken Trust

((Hey guys, i'm so sorry for the late update! I got so busy with Christmas shopping, and then hanging out with my family for the Holidays. But I'm back, and with another part. Thank you guys so much for reading this, and it seems a lot of people are enjoying it so that's great! By the way Merry Christmas, I hope it was good for all of you! I'm happy because i got a Septiceye Sam Jumbo Plush, which I have wanted forever! Anyway enough rambling, onto the story :)  ))

"Is it really worth protecting your one company? You said it yourself, one of you gone isn't that big of a deal."

The black haired man says to Mark, who sits, still tied up, but now beaten, bruises and cuts lining his body, and his head slouched, his red hair covering his tired, worn face.

Of course Mark wouldn't say anything, he was trained for this, and of course knew this man had bigger plans, no one was that stupid. Mark hears the man growl under his breath before grabbing his chin. Lifting his head so Mark's brown eyes looked into the man's.

"Come one Fischbach, just talk to me, and we may let you live."

The man says with a small smile. Mark looks back at him, his beaten face emotionless, and his breathing heavy.

"go to hell."

Mark finally spats at the man, making him growl and stand up straight once again.

"fine, this clearly isn't working... Dispose of him."

the man says with a sigh, walking off and towards the door as one of his men unholsters a gun and aims it directly at Mark's temple. Before the man can even touch the trigger a gunshot rings through the building, echoing off each wall.

Mark's head jerks up, as do the men surrounding him. One of them curses under their breath and they all run off in the direction of the shot, leaving Mark left alone and tied to the chair. He pulls against the ropes slightly to try and loosen them but stops as more shots are heard.

The shots continue for about two minutes, as though the person shooting wasn't good at aiming, before stopping suddenly, Mark watches in that direction, eyes narrowed curiously. What the hell just happened?

In a moment footsteps can be heard heading towards Mark, echoing quietly in the old building.

"I'm back, ya miss me Markimoo?"

A familiar Irish accent says before the green haired man is in view. A gun swinging lightly in his hand, and a cocky grin on his face. He walks over to Mark who says nothing and simply watches the man, his face still mostly emotionless, a slight anger to his gaze. Almost as soon as Mark is untied he stands up and swings his arm, his fist meeting Jack's face and making his head jerk to the side.

Jack looks at him, his hand reaching up to touch his face which now stung from Mark's blow.

"what the hell is wrong with you!"

Mark yells walking forward as Jack steps back, each step matched.

"You leave me here for some goddamn money, and then come back like nothing happened!?"

Mark continues his angry voice echoing loudly. Jack stops walking back and his face, which had been slightly frightened hardens into an angry glare. He raises the gun and aims it at Mark who stops, about a foot away. It would be impossible to miss from that range, even for Jack.

"The point is I came back."

Jack retorts, his lip curling into a small snarl.

"I came back and saved your ass."

Mark glares at Jack, who's blue eyes bore into his own.

"After you left me for dead! You were planning on leaving me here weren't you? What made you come back? Did you actually feel some kind of guilt?"

Mark growls at the man.

"No... a criminal wouldn't do that, you came back because he was short on the money, am i right?"

Mark finishes glaring at Jack, and not seeming to mind the gun at the moment. Jack's eyes seem to fill with pain for a split second as Mark says the word 'Criminal', but it dissapears quickly.

"No...."

Jack says quietly, his lip curling back and his finger pressing slighlty against the trigger, clearly prepared to shoot at the slightest movement.

"I came back because I felt bad, I came back because I thought we connected Mark."

Jack says, his voice a menacing growl making Mark's glare soften.

"I thought I had finally found someone who thought of me as something other than a criminal, other than some street rat. But I guess I was wrong, I guess it was too good to be true. I am just a criminal, I shot at least four guys just to save some asshole who won't even thank me!"

Jack finishes, his voice cracking at the end slighlty, as though he was forcing back tears. Mark looks at him, his glare turned to a look of pity for the man. This man had seen him as a friend. And he did leave Mark for money, but came back.

"Sean..."

Mark says, Jack's finger loosening on the trigger slightly as the man says his real name, something soothing about that word coming from Mark's mouth.

"I'm sorry.... You did come back.... Thank you...."

Mark says quietly.

However I won't trust you again....

Mark adds silently in his head watching the man. Jack watches him for a few more seconds before dropping the gun, the metal hitting the hard ground with a thud. Jack turns away and pulls a thing of keys out of his pocket, seeming to have come off one of the men.

"Whatever, lets go..."

Jack mumbles beginning to walk, his cold exterior returning in an instant. Mark nods quietly and follows the man, watching each of his movements closely, distrusting of this man, and still not sure of his true motives.