Holding Onto You Chapter 15

Beginne am Anfang

Steven and Jamie stared at us with their eyes wide and their mouths hanging open completely speechless. His mum looked stunned beyond words and his dad's face remained neutral as he starred at Vince and I.

"Are you guys planning on saying anything or are you just going to stare at us with shock for the rest of the evening?" Vincent asked, sounding a little worried.

"When did you find out about this?" Mr. Stone continued his questioning in a slightly more toned down voice after several minutes of complete stillness, the food even getting abandoned.

"Last Monday." Vincent replied sitting back down and pulling me down with him not once leaving my hand.

"And when did you start dating?"

"Last Tuesday." This time my boyfriend turned to look at me with fondness and I smiled at him.

"Well son I'm not so sure, I mean what makes you believe what he is saying is the truth? He could be fooling you." I couldn't believe my ears. Was his dad really saying that.

"Dad he is sitting right here. And I believed him because I could see in his eyes how honest he was being. He has never once hit me back when I so carelessly hit him everyday for so many years. Dad if you just spend a few minutes with Brian you'll know why I want to be with him." Vince argued, a slight plea lacing his voice. "He told me he loves me dad."

"Vince I always thought you'd come home one day and tell us you got a chick pregnant, or a few chicks." Jamie chuckled. "But I never thought you'd ever announce that you're gay. And dating the one person you never failed to hate."

"That's right Vince you cannot expect us to just accept so much just like that with no questions asked and with no doubt." Steven added. "I mean if you brought home Finn perhaps, we would have understood because you're really close to him. Or even that new kid Hunter who you talk about every opportunity you get. We haven't even met him yet but we know how great he is thanks to you. Mum and dad met him and they think he's great. But to suddenly bring home your enemy and say you're dating him."

"Haven't you guys been listening to me. Brian is not the enemy. I know that I only know this for less then two weeks now but after what Brian has been through because of me, I don't even deserve him. Finn is the best and I love him to bits but he's my best friend. And Hunter, what can I even say about Hunter. He's perfect, which is why I don't deserve him. Just like how I don't deserve Brian because he's amazing and caring and breathtaking. Quite literally actually. But what can I do, I'm falling for him." The youngest of the Stone's said and I squeezed his hand, shaking my head when he turned to look at me. He deserved only the best and he has no reason to think otherwise. "Mum what do you have to say about this? Do you agree with dad, Steve and Jamie or do you approve of our relationship?"

"Honey I'm happy as long as you are happy. Your coming out provided a shock, nothing more. I accept you wholeheartedly. Brian may have caused you trouble in the past but he had a very good reason behind it and what he did was not easy. I'm really proud of you Brian." Mrs. Stone turned to me with a bright genuine smile and my heart melted.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Stone. It means a lot to me." I told her smiling back.

"Thanks mum I love you." Vince grinned before turning to his dad. "Dad why can't you just accept it. I promise Brian won't give you any reason to complain. He's perfect dad."

Mr. Stone turned to me with a hesitant look and I decided to give my two cents.

"Mr. Stone with your permission may I say something?" I asked him, my eyes raising to meet his. He nodded and I cleared my throat taking a fat chance.